What IWB holster to buy? (Glock 19)

Going to be switching up my EDC to a Glock 19. My current carry gun is a thin, subcompact 9mm and I carry either in pocket or with a simple frame mounted belt clip..... so concealment and comfort are my top priorities.

From what I read the crossbreed or comp-tac holsters get the best reviews, I don't have experience with either.

Just wondering what everyone else uses and would or would not recommend. I usually carry in the 2 or 3 o clock position.

Thanks in advance

Going to be switching up my EDC to a Glock 19. My current carry gun is a thin, subcompact 9mm and I carry either in pocket or with a simple frame mounted belt clip..... so concealment and comfort are my top priorities.

From what I read the crossbreed or comp-tac holsters get the best reviews, I don't have experience with either.

Just wondering what everyone else uses and would or would not recommend. I usually carry in the 2 or 3 o clock position.

Thanks in advance
I have a velcro clipped crossbreed clone for a Glock 19 made my a member here if you want to try it out and you are close enough to met or I may be able to ship it depending on my schedule, I like it because I can tuck with it but use my AIWB more. I am not selling but if you wanted to try it and see if you like before you buy, PM me

I have a leather clip on for my G23 - going to order an Insider IWB from FightNGear soon - I have one for my 686 and love it. FightnGear is made like a crossbreed without the ornamentation, wait time and cost - bought mine for 40 bucks plus shipping.

The other option is AlienGear or SHTF gear - I had SHTF with great luck for a 4506. I like FightNGear because they offer the more dense horse hide leather.

i love my SHTF Gear Leather/Kydex holster...made to order, molded specifically to the firearm you choose, extremely comfortable and very durable

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

great info, keep it coming....much appreciated. The stealthgear looks interesting and I am liking the crossbreed "lookalikes" without all the damn logos

Another believer in N82 Tactical holsters here. I have the Professional model and I LOVE it. Hands down the most comfortable IWB holster I've ever worn.

If you are looking at Crossbread I'd go for a Aegis Armory Shield holster. Very similar and for less money and better quality (in my opinion). Comp-tac is always a food choice but they are expensive.

What is the backing like on the N82 holsters? I'm in a similar situation, looking for a holster for a g30. I'm looking for something with a rough/sticky backing to hold the holster to my body. So far aliengear/desantis intruder/newer crossbreeds/ and a ton of small companies are giving me smooth backed holsters that slide around on my hip if not super tight. I. Looking for something that comes with a rough or sticky backing.

What is the backing like on the N82 holsters? I'm in a similar situation, looking for a holster for a g30. I'm looking for something with a rough/sticky backing to hold the holster to my body. So far aliengear/desantis intruder/newer crossbreeds/ and a ton of small companies are giving me smooth backed holsters that slide around on my hip if not super tight. I. Looking for something that comes with a rough or sticky backing.

Go to the 9 minute mark of that video...hidden hybrid holster.
and the n82 seems to have a netting type backing...

I'll add yet another vote to the N82 Professional series. It is amazingly comfortable.

The backing is a suede like material. The holster is three layers: leather outside, neoprene middle to prevent sweat from getting through, and then the suede like material on the side against your body.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I went from a aliengear iwb to a N82 professional series, and I would never go back.

I went opposite, couldn't stand the draw from the N82. Yes with practice you get used to it, but I prefer the full grip on my pistol with a combat cut.

Alien gear is a crossbreed style, and only $30! Go check it out, very comfortable

Last edited:
I really like my Comp-tac MTAC for my G19. I got the C-clips for a little extra concealability when wearing with a tucked in shirt, they just barely poke above and below the belt but they hold nice and securely. I wear it right around the 3:00 position, and it is very comfortable.

Crossbreed. This is designed for about 4 O'clock position. If you are really carrying at 2 O'clock, then you want an appendix holster.

I haven't tried Crossbreed's appendix holster.

I actually sold my N82 (Nate Squared) IWB Pro series for the Alian Gear. I liked the N82 but kinda felt weird, in the lines of having a thick pad on my side, didnt feel the G26 in it but the holster itself was awkward. I now have the Desantis Intruder (45.00)and Alian Gear (41.00)

Last edited:
I bought a Large size of this and it fits my Beretta 92fs, Ruger 1911 and Ruger GP100. The 1911 fits so well that I barely know it's there even with the relatively heavy weight of the gun. And it's nice and tight so it's not going anywhere unless I want it to. It lies flat for great conceal ability so getting it back in is not quick, but my only need is to holster the gun when I go out and remove it when I get home. An extra 5 seconds to re-holster is of no consequence to me. The low profile is worth it. The only other holster I will need is a smaller size of the same one for when I get a snubby.

Here's the one for Glocks. Best I can tell it's the same as mine.

717QryPx5ML._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom