• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is your safe queen?

I shoot everything I own except the Body Guard. It is no fun to shoot. It is probably the only gun I would consider selling if there was someone foolish enough to want one

you may already know, but the best local source for 6.5 (for me) is in Merrimack. Collectable AKA 619 DW Guns and Ammo.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

thanks...i've never fired it cause i haven't been able to get ammo but i'd like to...next time i get up that way skiing/hiking i'll have to check that place out...what am i looking at for a typical price for the ammo?

thanks...i've never fired it cause i haven't been able to get ammo but i'd like to...next time i get up that way skiing/hiking i'll have to check that place out...what am i looking at for a typical price for the ammo?
it's not as cheap as 5.56 :)

I think it was between $16-18 for a box of 20 (don't quote me though). Its a great store right off Everett Turnpike.

And not to derail the thread too much, if you haven't shot it before, I'd reccomending a real good cleaning (like a foaming bore cleaner) these guns were often shot a lot and not cleaned. My carcano's accuracy improved a bunch after going to town on the barrel for a while.

it's not as cheap as 5.56 :)

I think it was between $16-18 for a box of 20 (don't quote me though). Its a great store right off Everett Turnpike.

And not to derail the thread too much, if you haven't shot it before, I'd reccomending a real good cleaning (like a foaming bore cleaner) these guns were often shot a lot and not cleaned. My carcano's accuracy improved a bunch after going to town on the barrel for a while.

thanks a lot for the info...i'll def give it a good douching before firing

I have a 20th anniversary Bushmaster that Just sits in my safe. It has nickel plated parts and was limited to 1500 I think. I bought it to shoot, but I never did. I have others so it just sits quietly in the back.

It looks like this.

2270-_Bushmaster_XM15_E2S-right_side.jpg

S & W 22-A .22 lr
First handgun I ever bought. It is a tack driver, VERY accurate, so much so that it can get boring to shoot.

S & W model 60 stainless, J-frame, 1 7/8 inch barrel, with a square butt. Bought new in 1985 and has never been fired outside the factory.

No offense to the OP but sweet Jesus sometimes these forums questions sound like questions out of a ladies magazine like Cosmopolitan or Ladies Home Journal. Its like they cant ask a real question so we get "what is your favorite color firearm" How to spice up that love with your cleaning rod? Do you like pizza I like pizza?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
Well how do I spice things up with my cleaning rod?

I've got an unfired Browning 20 ga shotgun that my mother bought my father for christmas back when they were dating. It's the last year of the Belgium steel. It sits un fired in the original box with the original receipt. I'll never part with that.

Pic of the Springfield 1903 NM, the not exactly safe queen:

1 NM 0.1.jpg

And here's how it shoots (from the bench) my usual Garand reloads on the SR-1 at 100 yards, iron sights:

1 NM SR-1 Target group size.jpg

As you can see, would have been sweet if I had not pulled that one shot...

Last edited:
Japanese Type 99 with the anti-aircraft sights, matching original bayonet/cleaning rod and an intact mum my grandfather brought back after his high school graduation trip to the Pacific. I was happily corrected that my grandmother didn't get rid of it after my grandfather died.

I need to give it a deep cleaning, and then need to source ammunition. Assuming there are not any safety flaws in it I am missing, it will be properly exercised.

That said, anyone have a good source for 7.7 Jap (Not set up to reload, but it is one of my priorities once I get set up)

A source for 7.7 Japanese ammo is Bullseye Shooting Supplies in Rhode Island, http://www.bullseyeshootingsupplies.com/. They manufacture a variety of calibers, can be contacted directly. Their 7.7 Japanese used to be in stock periodically at Terry Goode's shop, Collector's Firearms and Militaria, in New Hampshire, typically $40-$45 for a box of 20 rounds. Since Terry relocated the shop to North Chelmsford, MA, I don't know whether he still carries it, but he can probably order it. His phone number is 978.251.7522.

Japanese Type 99 with the anti-aircraft sights, matching original bayonet/cleaning rod and an intact mum my grandfather brought back after his high school graduation trip to the Pacific. I was happily corrected that my grandmother didn't get rid of it after my grandfather died.

I need to give it a deep cleaning, and then need to source ammunition. Assuming there are not any safety flaws in it I am missing, it will be properly exercised.

That said, anyone have a good source for 7.7 Jap (Not set up to reload, but it is one of my priorities once I get set up)

No offense to the OP but sweet Jesus sometimes these forums questions sound like questions out of a ladies magazine like Cosmopolitan or Ladies Home Journal. Its like they cant ask a real question so we get "what is your favorite color firearm" How to spice up that love with your cleaning rod? Do you like pizza I like pizza?

[rofl] I love pizza! Especially on Fridays.

Silly gun owners, guns are for shooting!
I get the safe queen thing if you are planning to sell it, but I just don't get the point of keeping it forever and not shooting it.

Last edited:

This is just an extension of Facebook for some people,I don't think they really want answers or help,they just want the attention.

Its all entertainment for me.[smile]

Winchester 94AE 30-30. Partly because it kicks like a mule and partly because my parents gave t to me for a Christmas gift many years ago. I don't want anything to happen to it.

Gunofthrones!!! You so deserve a neg rep for that. Good bye I'm going to gouge my eyes out now eye bleach just isn't going to cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom