What is your pistol competition rig?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Probably should have done this a long time ago but have just recently decided to put together a dedicated pistol competition rig to include belt, holster and 4-5 mag holders for USPSA/SCSA. Been doing some searches online for complete rigs and have seen offers from Safariland, Black Scorpion, Boss, G-Code, Ghost and a plethora of others.

Figured instead of doing the trail and error process I'm wondering what everyone has put together for their own rig? Might give me an idea of what are good and what to avoid. For me I'll be putting it together for an STI Marauder.

Thanks for the help.

I use a Double Alpha belt, ghost pouches, a production-legal kydex holster (not sure what brand).

For limited division you would probably want a race holster.

If you go to a match or Wednesday night practice you'll get to try it all before you buy.

For USPSA production, I just use a CR speed belt with CR versa mag pouches, and a Bladetech holster with BOSS hanger from benstoegershop

CR Speed belt, Comp-tac International holster, kydex mag pouches. Been thinking about getting some nicer mag pouches though.

All of the (serious) responses so far are great choices and would not hold you back from winning a national championship.

I picked up whatever I found at a good price used. DAA Belt, Ghost and DAA Pouches. I did find a guy on a forum selling custom double kydex for the same price as most big names.

Comp-Tac mag pouches, Comp-Tac holster for G43 and G17, BladeTech holster for G34, Rigger's belt.

I tried a Double-Alpha belt, (inner/outer belts), for USPSA and 3GUN, but didn't really care for it. The ease of moving gear around for different 3gun stages didn't make up for the movement of the outer belt with all that gear on it.

A "Duplex" toolbox loaded with my Ruger Standard Target pistol (AKA Mark I), a Montgomery Ward spotting scope, cheater reading glasses (so I can focus on the front sight) and ear protection.

s-l300.jpg

th

BTW, I shoot (at) bullseye. I usually miss.

For limited, I use a ghost holster (I like the lock on it the best, It is easy and secure to lock, with the lock up while you are walking around. Quick to draw with the lock off and even pretty fast to draw with the lock on in the down position) and CR speed mag pouches and belt

I don't get to shoot USPSA very often, so I don't have a cool rig. For IDPA (which is local for me), I run a Raven Perun now, with the Raven Copia mag carriers... which I LOVE. I slap it all on a Blue Alpha Gear belt.

Most of these rigs offer a lot of adjustability. Just make sure that after you have gotten things where you want them, that you locktite the adjustment screws. Don’t ask me how I know that...[laugh]

Carry Optics: CR Speed belt, 3x Ghost mag pouches, RHT competition holster on a BOSS hanger
Limited: Ghost belt, 4x mag pouches, and "The One" holster

double alpha belt ghost mat pouches and a red hill tactical drop holster.
I use this rig with my CZ Shadow 2 milled for CO for USPSA and Steel matches

Back
Top Bottom