• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is your newest favorite carry ammo?

I still use Hydra 147 grain for my 9's. I picked up a box of hydra for my Davis p-380 but I am afraid to try it... Lets face it Davis was not exactly the Cadillac of guns, more of a yugo.

PM me if you still have it. I have some extra parts that might get that baby working again. Did you see the one I rebuilt? There are pics in the builds forum.

Moderator said:
I still use Hydra 147 grain for my 9's. I picked up a box of hydra for my Davis p-380 but I am afraid to try it... Lets face it Davis was not exactly the Cadillac of guns, more of a yugo.

Yugo = "you go, then you don't"

For your safety, I would NOT recommend ever firing "hot ammo" from these cheaply made guns. It could be more dangerous to you than anyone you might be shooting at! <NOT Kidding>

Both Hydra-shok and Silvertip have worked for me, in the sense that they feed consistently, and impact where I aim. I will stick with them for the forseeable future.

Frosty,

Understand that I am not throwing stones at either the Hydra-Shoks or the Silvertips. They are both fine rounds, and I have complete confidence in them.

Still, it is often a good thing to try new things.

Understand that I am not throwing stones at either the Hydra-Shoks or the Silvertips. They are both fine rounds, and I have complete confidence in them.

I'm sorry, I did not think you were but my reply may have hinted at that.

Still, it is often a good thing to try new things.

I agree, that's why I posted a thread on Silver Bear ammo a few weeks back. I have not seen any Hornady TAP around here, at least not any pistol ammo.

Frosty,

Give Jon Green a call. He is the manager of Mike's Gun Shop in Northboro. He can get Hornady TAP for you. His number is 508 393-5333, when you call ask him for the direct line to the shop.

C-X

Cross-X said:
I can hardly wait to see some actual use of TAP, in a police or self-defense situation, so I can see how it performs on the street.

Quick take some TAP, your gun and head South to NO, you should get a few opportunities to try the ammo out and report back! [mrgreen]

LenS said:
Cross-X said:
I can hardly wait to see some actual use of TAP, in a police or self-defense situation, so I can see how it performs on the street.

Quick take some TAP, your gun and head South to NO, you should get a few opportunities to try the ammo out and report back! [mrgreen]

Tryin' to get rid of me, Len?

Very subtle. [wink]

Cross-X said:
LenS said:
Cross-X said:

Very subtle. [wink]

Not at all!

You want data and there is a ripe opportunity to test the ammo and get the data. Opportunities like this aren't always available when you need them.
[wink]

LenS said:
Cross-X said:
LenS said:
Cross-X said:

Very subtle. [wink]

Not at all!

You want data and there is a ripe opportunity to test the ammo and get the data. Opportunities like this aren't always available when you need them.
[wink]

I still think someone in this conversation is getting bamboozled!

Penetration being my primary concern I use my 158 gr SWC in my 2" J frames at app. 830 fps. For my 4" .357 the same bullet at 1200 fps. In the 9mm para. any 115-124 gr ball will suffice. Reloads in this area are not an issue. Most of our attorneys are held in check by common sense on the part of the public.

Back
Top Bottom