What is your line in the sand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever your personal line in the sand is (your go time), speak nothing about it and fully think about the end goal of your actions and how you're going to achieve it. Also think about how you are going to slip back into the crowd when action is achieved without being noticed. Go time with the masses is what everyone thinks about but more than likely it will be guerrilla warfare done by lone wolves. There simply is no go time that the masses will participate in.

History has shown us, that there is always a go time for the masses. Always. What the that go time is though varies depending on many factors. It has happened not just once in the history of our great country but twice. Some may even say more because of pearl harbor for WW2.

i like so many others honestly have no clue as to what and when will be the straw that breaks the camels back. But if things keep going the way they are, that straw will happen.

Americans tend towards action abroad... and inaction on home soil.

While no where near a record here, I have had an FID card since a little before the assault weapons ban and a Class A since a little afterwards and have been working full time since I got out of college in the same general time period. Since I have been an adult or roughly since Clinton, no president has done much that affected my day to day life. The economy went up and down a few times, people panic bought this and that over the years afraid of one thing or another, but I can't point to one thing any president has done that made my life appreciably better or worse. Not that they haven't threatened or promised things that would make a difference, but I have yet to see any follow through. So maybe something will happen that will be a big change, but I am not going to give anyone odds that it will happen in either direction.

You make a good point that is so true. There have been many statements Biden and other democrats have made that in all reality will be close to impossible to do. One example Is to shut down the Oil/gas production of Oklahoma and Texas. We rely so heavily on oil and gas from these two states as well as Alaska, that it would be impossible to do without crashing the economy. We rely on oil and gas for many more things then just our vehicles.

They maybe all talk for now, but that doesnt mean we should let our guard down.

Look at the roman empire. Healthy and lasted for over 400 years. Until the empire slowly fell due to even worse corruption and poor leadership.

We are arrogant to think that our great Nation will last as long or longer. Eventally our empire will fall too.

Reactions: bfm
Americans tend towards action abroad... and inaction on home soil.

For the most part I tend to agree with you. However i our 200+ yr history there have been 3 major wars on our homeground. And in another war, our ground was attacked and invaded. (Pearl Harbor attacked, Aleutian Islands invaded)

So there are times we have been known to take drastic action on our soil.

Who is “they”?
“They” are the people who support the tyrants. Your neighbor with the Biden sign in his yard. Your libtard aunt that always shits up thanksgiving with her political talk. The town selectmen and school board members who push for commie level taxation snd education. The Bloombergs of the country. The local police who enforce the BS. The zuckerbergs and the (whoever owns Twitter.) and the local media shitheads. These people may have an armed guard or three, but no secret service detail. We know who they are and where they live.

Historically that’s how it usually goes down until an uprising gains enough traction to fight head to head. I’m not advocating for any of this mind you, just opining on a likely scenario

So your saying that the government could go so far to repeal the 2nd and confiscate door to door and not one single person will do anything and not one single life will be lost?
yep. you gonna fire the first shot? computer commando talk is cheap.

What will you do? Stop drinking beer? Start political killings?

A practical question for the chest thumpers here-

Who is “they”? In the civil war of your Walter Mitty wet dreams, are you going to move to states that you imagine seceding from the USA and take up arms for whatever new country those states form? Or stay in Massachusetts and be a covert keyboard commando after your shifts at Walmart?

please reply with something more specific than “the libtards who are trampling my rights/stealing the Donald’s presidency”

I don’t deny that the country is at a relatively low point in civil discourse. But I seriously doubt anyone here has a clue to who they will actually be fighting or be willing to move to Vermont, Indiana or Arizona to take up arms against the USA. Without the clarity of invading or being invaded, how will you have a clue where to take your AR and basement full of 10 round mags to join the fight? Will you be a Kosovo style sniper shooting non-combatants? Waving old glory as you charge across the George Washington Bridge to liberate or conquer New Jersey?

Really?

Well, You pose a very good question. This is only my opinion.... But i see it first off as many "waco", "Ruby Ridge" style incidents happening. Where many lawr enforcement and civilians loose their lives. Rioting.

I also see it starting out similar to the Civil War, where red states decide to secede or even simply disobey federal laws. When the fed bring in enforcement the state(s) fight back.

Who knows thouugh.... This is a different age different times and as much as some things stay the same, many other things change. War itself has changed over the course of the last 3000 years as well in how its fought.

What i do know from studying history is this. When people are oppressed, there will always come a time when the people will stand up and overthrow their government or sepperate. Its happned thousands of times over the course the last 5,000 years and will continue to happen in the future. Thats one thing that will never change. Sometimes the oppressdd succeed, and sometimes they fail.

“They” are the people who support the tyrants. Your neighbor with the Biden sign in his yard. Your libtard aunt that always shits up thanksgiving with her political talk. The town selectmen and school board members who push for commie level taxation snd education. The local police who enforce the BS. The zuckerbergs and the (whoever owns Twitter.) and the local media shitheads. These people may have an armed guard or three, but no secret service detail. We know who they are and where they live.

Historically that’s how it usually goes down until an uprising gains enough traction to fight head to head. I’m not advocating for any of this mind you, just opining on a likely scenario

So what direct action do you personally plan to take against them when the line in the sand is crossed? Shoot the crazy aunt at Easter? Talk more random and crazy shit on the interwebs? I suspect more of the latter than the former.

I’m not trying to pick on you on this issue. Unless there a clear line of seceding/invading/being invaded, I have no clue how anyone will act in anything but a criminal manner. Mostly being law abiding, I don’t think the gun community is gonna wake up one day and start mustering random people we (as individuals and maybe small groups) think are “the enemy”.

It’s like gun control laws in reverse- a**h***s who are willing to rob and murder aren’t gonna be dissuaded by misdemeanors and low level felonies that result from BS gun legislation. Normal people who don’t commit minorcrimes aren’t likely to suddenly become murderers, rapists, robbers, etc.

yep. you gonna fire the first shot? computer commando talk is cheap.

maybe, maybe not depends on many different possibilities. I would join a militia if i havent allready. I beleive it will take an organized effort.

If you dont wish to do anything if they repeal the 2nd and come door to door to confiscate. Then that is your god given right. Not saying or suggesting that would happen. but if it were its still your right to do nothing. But your not willing to do something you have no right to complain when it happens.

Is it a line in the sand or “signs” it’s happening? Alone, any of us are just some crazed lunatic and a couple dozen would be some sort of lazy mislead militia wannabes but a 2k or 3k would be A light infantry regiment and gain attention (wanted or not). But without leadership, purpose, mission and plan it would hopelessly fall apart to some liberal narrative resulting in FBI raids sending everyone scurrying like mice. Free states are in a better position to start a movement. I think life is still too easy and convenient for many to even think about standing up for what one believes is right.

For the most part I tend to agree with you. However i our 200+ yr history there have been 3 major wars on our homeground. And in another war, our ground was attacked and invaded. (Pearl Harbor attacked, Aleutian Islands invaded)

So there are times we have been known to take drastic action on our soil.
Yep, Here's my take on my "A line in the sand..."

1) The 2nd to last thing I want to do is shoot someone coming to seize my guns and my Freedom
2) The Last Thing I want to do is be shot by someone... "Coming to seize my guns and my Freedom" (negates Option #1)

It wouldn’t even require any shooting. There are 100 million gun owners ballpark? Probably a lot more by now. What if we all just said no? Are they going to put us all in jail? Who will work and pay taxes, the lefties?

The the thing though. How many of those will actually will say NO. Without enough of us... we will loose.

So what direct action do you personally plan to take against them when the line in the sand is crossed? Shoot the crazy aunt at Easter? Talk more random and crazy shit on the interwebs? I suspect more of the latter than the former.

I’m not trying to pick on you on this issue. Unless there a clear line of seceding/invading/being invaded, I have no clue how anyone will act in anything but a criminal manner. Mostly being law abiding, I don’t think the gun community is gonna wake up one day and start mustering random people we (as individuals and maybe small groups) think are “the enemy”.

It’s like gun control laws in reverse- a**h***s who are willing to rob and murder aren’t gonna be dissuaded by misdemeanors and low level felonies that result from BS gun legislation. Normal people who don’t commit minorcrimes aren’t likely to suddenly become murderers, rapists, robbers, etc.
Me? I probably won’t do anything. I’m getting old and my health isn’t great. Probably be more of a liability than an asset. I was just speculating on what might happen based on past insurgencies like Iraq, the viet cong, etc.

Well lets take a look at an incident in the revolutionary war, or at the start of it.

England taxed the hell out of Tea. Exhorbant tax on Tea. A group of protesters then went to Boston Harbor and threw all the tea into the harbor!

Civil Disobediance.

Were some arrested and shot, yes there were several arrested and a couple of them shot by the british.

What will we do today? Who knows. I suspect it will start with some level of civil disobediance though.

No one shows up to the state house rally’s because we know it would be ignored anyways.
Now if you did it like BLM and Burned the state house down and possibly kidnapped a senator and literally tar and feathered them, you might get better turn out. That’s what the left would do. And look, it works.

Nobody wants war of any type.
Nobody wants to out their life on the line if they dont have too.

Maybe nothing will happen in the next 4 years, and hopefully that will be true. I would hope none of it happens.

But when I look at history.... History repeats itself. Things will get worse before they will get better.

We are more polarized left and right now then we have been in over 100 years. Unless a compromise is reached between the sides somehow. Things will get worse.

Im not just talking with gun laws, but with everything. Immigration, employment, taxes, economy, etc...

However, it probably wont be gun rights that sets upp the next revolution or civil war. Its when we as a population start going hungry, with no food or bed to sleep in and no clothes to wear when things for sure will go south.

Those things could happen very soon if COVID doesnt end soon and we get the country back to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom