• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is your "Ban compliant" SHTF "Battle" weapon(s)?

City of Marlboro: [Amended 11-21-1988 by Ord. No. 88-2468A]
It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or expose for sale, use or cause or permit to be used, an instrument or weapon of the kind usually known as "air rifle," "air gun" or ammunition therefor, "slingshot," "bean blower," "switchblade knife," "automatic knife," "push-button knife," "snap knife," "swingback knife" or "spring blade knife," "water pistol" or "air pistol," or any instrument or product designed to project a string or streamer of plastic material.

Holy crap, what a town of tight asses.

I'm going to the gun show in West Springfield on June 2nd. Going to be looking to buy some milsurp stuff, ammo, a .30 Carbine or SKS and a .20ga H&R pump shotgun. Maybe some SHTF WROL gear also.
My only concern is buying a gun there because I'm not a MA resident. grrrrrr.

I'd go to Boris to see if he'd lend me something compliant. Right now, I ain't got nothing for SHTF, only range guns.

Last edited:
Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum - It should come with wheels! [smile]

44_zps1f2a6c7b.jpg

iver johnson m1 carbine with a 30 round mag, tons of prebans available, almost no recoil, but hits like a hot 357 magnum, looks like a 22lr squirrel rifle and weighs next to nothing.

I vote for the M1 carbine too. War proved, lite weight, recoil easy for child, woman or man. 15 and 30 round magazines available,,, allsorts
of repair parts available and easy to takedown, clean and repair. You can find the ammo and its easy to reload if your into that!

- - - Updated - - -

Crap. Now I need to find something to replace my BBB (battle bean blower).

Water soaker??? [rofl]

I really need a .308 somethingorother. I'd love a SA M1A Scout Squad or SOCOM 16, but may end up with a Ruger Gunsite Scoute rifle to keep it reasonably priced.

As it is, I've got an AR-15, an 870 Express, a 10/22, and 9mm & .45 pistols.

Consolidate calibers if you can.

I have pistols and rifles which shoot 22LR. and spare stocks, magazines, parts, trigger housings, springs, etc from 'upgrades' along the way.
I have a modern semi 30-06 and a Garand....and building a stock of ammo
I have a Mosin Rifle and soon to be Mosin Carbine that both shoot 7.62x54r.
I have a pre-ban Mini-14, and a bunch of pre-ban mags....before I knew any better

Invest in a night vision optic and/or FLIR device

Learn to reload.

Last edited:
It would be a lot to lug around,, but my choice would be one of my Mosins. I'm pretty damn good with that at 100yards and my backups would be my Keltec Sub2000 in Glock mags and, if I can ever find one, a glock 17 to share the mags. Although I'm getting my wife used to firing guns and she loves the Savage 64FXP, so maybe that would be her primary and use the Sub2000 and Glock as backups and I would carry the Mosin and use my Sr9c as my backup. I guess though it depends on how everything plays out and how and what happens during a SHTF moment!!

Charles.

I'd take my beat- to - hell moss burg 500 and start poking around my cellar,attic, yard to see if someone may have hidden an AR-15 and 20 mags out there , which I totally didn't know about , really.

another vote for sks. one of the larger capcitys out of "assualt weapons" accurate, cheap, cheap to feed and can run her dirty. can also get wuick relaods with the stripper clips.

that is if I cant keep them back with my mosin.

The best ban compliant shtf rifle is the one you build however you want. S already htf who gives a ****.

I'm not sure if I want to answer that question. One really never knows who reads these boards. All you are saying is what you have when social order breaks down. You are giving the "other side" a very important component in determining the opposing force order of battle...seriously. You scream privacy all the time...but voluntarily relinquish it all the time...interesting

Back
Top Bottom