• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is your #1 handgun that you wish was on the MA compliance list?

Given the number & variety of guns on the "approved" list, pardon my ignorance, (I'm from Pa.) but what are the reasons or criteria for choosing which firearms make the "approved" list, & which do not ??Here in Pa. I may buy any legally manufactured or imported firearm except "Class III". Without any real hassles except the instant background check.

MA is an anti gun s**thole. That pretty much sums up the reason for existence of the EOPS roster and the AG's regs in a nutshell. It's basically an end around attack on gun rights by anti gunners, all started by this douchebag AG we had years ago, Scott Harshbarger.... and these dealer regs have basically been the gun rights equivalent of AIDS.

ETA: I wrote a FAQ about the handgun compliance BS here.... http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/37553-MA-Handgun-Compliance-Q-A-Thread-(new) There are links in there that will tell you more about the "why" but the short story is that the antis created it to try to reduce handgun sales in MA....

-Mike

Last edited:
So would a private sale be possible to get a Judge?

Yes. Watch the NES classifieds like a hawk, or post a Want To Buy ad. A huge advantage of NES is that it networks gun owners from all over the state, so you may get lucky. You may also have to pay a premium or drive three hours one way for the FTF transaction, unfortunately.

Talk to a guy named Duncan MacLeod... I understand he's the expert when it comes to concealing ridiculously large weapons.

Like katanas.

I just Googled his name thinking he was a CCW instructor I'd never heard of or something. [laugh]

Given the number & variety of guns on the "approved" list, pardon my ignorance, (I'm from Pa.) but what are the reasons or criteria for choosing which firearms make the "approved" list, & which do not ??

The EOPS list has set standards and a testing procedure that gun manufacturer's might submit to if it were the only requirement. The AG list is the 2nd hurdle in the process and the reason why there's so few handguns on the Mass. market.

With enough trenchcoat, you can conceal almost anything. But I thought MacLeod's first name was Connor?[pot]
Connor never really concealed it all that well - go watch the movie again. Duncan, in the TV series, though, pulled that thing out of thin air, I swear. And I REALLY want to know where Amanda (played by the incomparably lovely Amanda Gracen) hid that rapier of hers. [devil]

I just Googled his name thinking he was a CCW instructor I'd never heard of or something. [laugh]

He shoots; he scores! [laugh] Go watch any episode of the TV show Highlander and you'll see what I mean. Guy can conceal a full sized katana under a trench coat and still run and do kata. How, I have no idea.

Connor never really concealed it all that well - go watch the movie again. Duncan, in the TV series, though, pulled that thing out of thin air, I swear. And I REALLY want to know where Amanda (played by the incomparably lovely Amanda Gracen) hid that rapier of hers. [devil]

He shoots; he scores! [laugh] Go watch any episode of the TV show Highlander and you'll see what I mean. Guy can conceal a full sized katana under a trench coat and still run and do kata. How, I have no idea.

He's cheating a lot. The magic of TV, and of not having to have the katana on every take... Connor didn't conceal it that well, but he usually actually had it under the trenchcoat. I rigged a similar setup with a London Fog trench in my college days. Worked alright, as long as you don't sit down...

Assuming that the +10 mag limit went away, an XD and a berretta storm subcompact in 9.

Oh, and a USP, wanted one ever sence i played metal gear solid 2 [smile]

I would have to second the XD

a subcompact with a 16+ capacity....i mean it's a no-brainer.

After shooting one, and hearing numerous reviews from range owners that rent them....they are bulletproof reliable. The only issue I don't like is the stupid dovetail. Other than that, I shot that gun as well if not better than my glocks, and it's WAY more comfortable in my hands. That would be my first pick-up.....then the draco pistol, cause what is life without a 30 round pistol shooting rifle rounds? Not a life I wanna live....

At the moment... Sig P938

But in general... Every one that's not on the list. The fact that the list even exists is moronic at its core. Just another tool to drive prices up beyond affordability to most and control freedom of choice.

There... I said it

Dan Wesson 1911s would be nice. Maybe also the XDs 9mm so that I could have an easier time transferring it before January 1. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom