• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is you favorite 1.5” EDC belt?

Bought a Kore for myself this past winter.
I like it, but it's a little long when I use it and am not carrying.

I'd buy it again and wish I had bought one years ago.
Your should try cutting it a little then. It’s easy to do and you can get an exact fit. Just load up the maximum amount that you would carry on the belt, take a measurement of how much excess you have and then cut it off.

I usually only carry one extra mag, but left enough room on my belt to carry 2 if needed. I also used my largest pistol when sizing so that anything smaller would easily fit. This leaves it a little long, but not by much and allows for year round carry of whatever I please.

View: https://youtu.be/xPpSz6Ac6fY

Thank you so much for your recommendations guys. I just settled with Kore leather and Nextbelt precisefit, which will arrive next week. Can’t wait to try both out.

We stock Kore belts at our retail location in Hopedale MA - Arms Group LLC - Prices are the same as Kore direct.

Attachments

• 3E1B92D3-BDE3-425C-A37E-AA10584A5BBE.jpeg
    3E1B92D3-BDE3-425C-A37E-AA10584A5BBE.jpeg
    343.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DDC8CCDB-F31F-4A58-8D83-2AD657B2E08C.jpeg
    DDC8CCDB-F31F-4A58-8D83-2AD657B2E08C.jpeg
    459 KB · Views: 25
  • 58F6DA6E-94F2-48C0-A4C1-5FAA8B5EBD72.jpeg
    58F6DA6E-94F2-48C0-A4C1-5FAA8B5EBD72.jpeg
    251.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 69655E0F-8252-451A-BB47-5774B0197FE2.jpeg
    69655E0F-8252-451A-BB47-5774B0197FE2.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 95D9DC96-3C39-4DE3-B458-FA7C4B3476A7.jpeg
    95D9DC96-3C39-4DE3-B458-FA7C4B3476A7.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 410499AE-5D62-42E1-80E6-0A1B6AE764DF.jpeg
    410499AE-5D62-42E1-80E6-0A1B6AE764DF.jpeg
    345 KB · Views: 26
  • 7050CE6C-2062-4B82-A3B8-6F2FFDAE6080.jpeg
    7050CE6C-2062-4B82-A3B8-6F2FFDAE6080.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 25
  • D042FAED-D867-4404-A360-D6157ABD7D14.jpeg
    D042FAED-D867-4404-A360-D6157ABD7D14.jpeg
    819 KB · Views: 27
I second that. Really nice belts. They also have 2" belts that fit very nicely my 5.11 pants.

+1 on this. I have their molle double belt and the 1.5in hybrid edc belt and both are great.

The female buckle on the edc belt is smaller than the standard cobra buckle so you can thread it through most pants.

I’ve had the wilderness belt an aegis belt and am currently using a Kore. The wilderness eventually wore out the Velcro got all pulled and fluffed out plus the tail having to be doubled back over was kind of a pain. The aegis is a great belt wore it a few years. But the length you get is permanent. The kore is great I like the ratchet adjustment. And you trim it to your liking.

I only bought a 2nd because my 1st one got lost...

Mitch Rosen Express Line:

I have a few Beltman Belts and they aren't as thick of a leather, so they didn't hold up more than 2 years.

These are awesome. I own two Express Line belts but the second is still unused cause they hold up so well.

Pants: Hanks Bison Belt. Only complaint is it was too think for the Milt Sparks 1.5" loops so I had to order 1.75" from MS.
Shorts: Wilderness Frequent Flyer with the poly liner.

ETA: Before I bought the Hanks belt for pants I used a Crossbreed belt for about 10 or so years.

Another vote for Hanks, solid and can work with everything from OWB, IWB, shoulder holsters and ammo pouches etc. Best part is how durable they are no matter what you have on there you know it won’t crap out on you.

I have a few Milt Sparks belts from 10+ years ago and find them comparable to Mitch Rosen, but personally like them better/think they pass for dress belts more easily.

I have a few Milt Sparks belts from 10+ years ago and find them comparable to Mitch Rosen, but personally like them better/think they pass for dress belts more easily.
I got a 12 year old Sparks belt 1 1/2" tapered to 1 1/4" in the front makes for a real comfortable belt when sitting or driving. Worth the small up-charge. It shows some wear but has a lot of life left in it.

The new tenicor belt looks pretty rad

Last edited:
The new tenicor belt looks pretty rad

I also have one. It really game changer.

I have had this belt for almost a year, wear it daily with my (LH) AIWB holster, and initially really liked this belt.

I am rescinding that recommendation.

The stiffness of the belt now sags at the holster interface.

Nexbelt fail.jpg

And the stitching has failed at the same spot.

Nexbelt stitching fail.jpg

I am going to go back to using my Volund Gearworks Atlas G-Hook Belt until I can try a KORE belt.

Going on 5 years
That’s about as long as I’ve had mine.

I have had this belt for almost a year, wear it daily with my (LH) AIWB holster, and initially really liked this belt.

View attachment 659987

View attachment 659988

I am going to go back to using my Volund Gearworks Atlas G-Hook Belt until I can try a KORE belt.
My black leather kore dress belt has held up for a few years. There is a little kink in the belt where the holster clips on but it's good.

Hanks Belts are good. I have two: one brown and one black. Excellent dress belts and plenty enough for EDC weapons. Work very well with jeans also.

Too stiff. I sold mine after just a short while. On here, IIRC.
Not a bad belt, even if you do not use it for carrying. My wife and I recently attended the St. Anthony Feast in Boston's North End. We chose not to carry that day, because we planned to partake of a nice Italian dinner and an equally nice bottle of Italian wine to go with it. I slipped a Recon 1 into my back pocket. She slipped a can of Sabre pepper spray into her purse, we boarded the Salem Ferry and off to have some fun. My Hanks Belts brown leather belt did the EDC job just fine. Plenty of Boston PD there; no need for a gun.

View attachment 659987

View attachment 659988

Another failure with a NEX belt.

This one took a little longer than my other one, but it failed in the same area.

KORE belt on order.

Broken NEX belt black.jpg

I’ve been using one of these daily for about a year now. I love it. It works perfectly with a 365 size pistol, a small fixed blade and a spare mag and is very comfortable. No buckle, which is great for the AIWB guys, it’s thin, lightweight and secure and can also conceal some small emergency items and some cash.

It’s comfortable enough and works well enough for me that I’m thinking of buying a second one to put away for when this one wears out, whenever that may be.

Back
Top Bottom