What is wrong with people?

Exactly..it's a known standard. It wasn't a pop quiz and certainly wasn't one and done. If this is your dream/goal you'd think in two years he could muster enough heart to gut it out.

Poor training on your part does not constitute a payout on the states part. Good luck..I don't want you protecting my family when you can't complete a simple task.

While I agree the guy is a dolt, this is actually an interesting case.

It may possibly set some groundwork for not reducing job requirements based on race/sex. I'm a firm believer that the job requirements, are the job requirements... regardless of being Man, Woman, Black, Latino, White, etc...

"Women in the same age group are allowed nearly three minutes more time than men on the same 1.5-mile run, leading Scott to file the lawsuit, which said that the "defendant has discriminated against plaintiff on the basis of his sex."

I think he has a case...if he is, due to perhaps "genetic deficiencies", only able to meet the female standards for the 1.5 mile run then what's the problem? They make an exception for women applicants. Why is his case different?

Let's leave out the part where "he's a whimp."

Almost 12 minutes for a mile and a half? I figured it would be closer to 9 minutes being these guys should be in incredible shape.heck I'm out of shape and I could do that easily. I heard about this story on Michael Graham show.

He has to run an 8 minute mile?

In high school I averaged an 8minute mile over 5 miles....

That's not bad but I hardly considered myself a competetive runner...

Wow...

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

I'm 46 and I can run the 18-29 year olds time, and I'm out of shape. The last time I ran I was doing 6.35 mile times and I had to walk off and on. You can almost walk in that time. If he's that much of a pussy I wouldn't want him as a PO in my town.

Valid gripe that women, who do the same job, have a lower standard. He should win the lawsuit, and then go hang himself for being a totally ball-less, whining pussy, who can't run 1.5 miles in the time that my 48 year old wife can run 2 miles.

2 years and he couldn't get a 11:58 1.5 mile run completed. I'm not much of a runner so I'm not sure if I could do it this very second. Give me 2 months to train and I certainly do it though, hell Take anybody in even okay shape and put them on a 60 day running plan and they should be able to get under 11:58. The guy clearly doesn't have the initiative to earn what he thinks he deserves.

I drink, smoke, am 20lbs heavier than I was in high school, only exercise once every 2 weeks, and can still hit a sub 8 minute mile.

What a lazy SOB.

I can understand the lifting part but why would woman get to do less push-ups, sit-ups, or get more time to run the 1.5 miles? Is a woman officers pay adjusted like the standards for being a officer are?

I missed the boat in basic. I had never run before and had no idea what fast was. I was worried about the run qualification(I think it was 13:30 for 1.5 or something) so I started running when we had free time(sad, I know).

I ran it in 9:04. When I asked the DI recording times if that was any good, he said it was okay. I didn't realize until 15 years later that would put me in the top 10% of most of the road races I entered. Mind you, I'm not faster than most serious runners, just most people. But the military doesn't have any special use for that. >.>

Anyway, isn't the point that not meeting those basic requirements indicates that you are not capable of doing the job, hence you save the department money by not training people who have already failed?

I love how he's suing to become a full time officer among other things.

So the town is going to say "sure here's your full time job and all the bennies Oh by the way, thanks for suing us".

but failed 12 times over the next two years to complete a 1.5-mile run in the allotted time, finishing 11 seconds too slow in his best run.

What the "allotted time?"

EDIT: Never mind, I see them now. This guy is a weenie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom