What is wrong with Packing.org?

The Reily HQ has advised them they can no longer display this info in MA without proper review from the AGs Office. With that in mind, all MA ISPs are blocked.

Or something like that.

Please tell me you are joking ! [shocked]

OK
medium-smiley-124.gif

It always did go down often and for more than a day at a time. I haven't been back to that site since I found this one. Everyone is constantly flaming on another over there. Makes it difficult to get any good info in my opinion. It's difficult to weed out the replies and threads worth reading.

Packing.org used to be great but it's gone into the toilet big time. I don't know why exactly but I rarely go there anymore.

It always did go down often and for more than a day at a time. I haven't been back to that site since I found this one. Everyone is constantly flaming on another over there. Makes it difficult to get any good info in my opinion. It's difficult to weed out the replies and threads worth reading.

I like the licence tool and state-by-state CC info. Never got into the forums over. The forum software seemed strange.

I don't know who the mod for Massachusetts is there, but I've complained several times about the fact that they insist on providing non-information on application requirements. Rather than list what's actually required, the continue to give a long list of things that places like Bostonn, Andover and other red locations demand. After several complaints, they added a not that not everything on the list is actually required, but that different towns require different things. The last time I looked, they still declined to indicate what things were actually "required" for an application. I don't know that the problem is; it's not as if it were a state secret.

Ken

The person who updated packing.org threw in the towel due to all the flaming on their forums. He setup another site.

Packing.org always (TTBOMK) had bad info on MA. All I found it good for was reciprocity (other states) and links to any specific state's gov't licensing info.

Set your User CP here to "ALL THREADS", then also use Advanced Search and you'll find info on packing.org and most everything MA gun law related here in Gun Laws forum.

Packin's problems deeply rooted

Problems with Packing.org started long before the current inability to log on. After the forum change about a year ago where rating posts from other members became a part of the "new look", what was once a great site went downhill quickly. Rating posts became character assassination by members toward other members. I, and many other, long time members have complained numerous times about this practice and what it doing to the website and Mark Solomon's creation, but it falls on deaf ears.
The key to any forum is the honesty and dedication of its moderators. That seems to have changed.
When I agreed, with a fantastic moderator from West Virginia, to research cities and towns in Mass. as to their policies on issuing licenses, which appears in a color-coded format, green, red, and black, it was a cutting edge website. Now, regretably, this once great website has changed for the worse.

Problems with Packing.org started long before the current inability to log on. After the forum change about a year ago where rating posts from other members became a part of the "new look", what was once a great site went downhill quickly. Rating posts became character assassination by members toward other members. I, and many other, long time members have complained numerous times about this practice and what it doing to the website and Mark Solomon's creation, but it falls on deaf ears.
The key to any forum is the honesty and dedication of its moderators. That seems to have changed.
When I agreed, with a fantastic moderator from West Virginia, to research cities and towns in Mass. as to their policies on issuing licenses, which appears in a color-coded format, green, red, and black, it was a cutting edge website. Now, regretably, this once great website has changed for the worse.
We have what's known as 'reputation' over on the Brighthand forums. It sucks. It causes way more problems than ever thought of, as far as I'm concerned.

I agree the key to a good forum is great moderation, which we are fortunate to have in abundance here! [smile]

We have what's known as 'reputation' over on the Brighthand forums. It sucks. It causes way more problems than ever thought of, as far as I'm concerned.

What are the "Brighthand" forums?

If anyone has to have their fix of PDO during one of the outages you can just use the Google cache, it still reflects the post by M Solomon reflecting the situation; which Frosty beat me to.

Back
Top Bottom