• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is up with Smith & Wesson?

Great response Mark0..... Thank you, it all made sense to me. Johniac.,... you should be embarrassed for your response when you weren't put up on a pedestal and bowed down for your attack on S&W... FAr too many members here are truly gun people and appreciate what S&W brings to the table. I, for one do, owning everything from the BG380 to the 500 Bone Collector and most everything between have no complaints with S&W. M&P's are awesome guns, the revolvers are the best in the world, heck, even the AR's from 22 to 556 are excellent weapons.. customer service is as good as any in the industry and probably the best. With what the last 11\2 years has brought to the gun world, I believe S&W is not purposely trying to piss customers off.... it's just a time for change and getting up to speed with the explosion of business that no one could have seen... They aren't perfect, but S&W is certainly not what you are trying to make them out to be...

I'd post how many S&Ws I own but I've kind of lost count.

Let's just say that S&W (and Ruger) like customers like me. They'd like me more if I bought all of them new, but they like me.

Isn't the SD series actually different than the sigma? Different In a ford Taurus/mercury Sable kind of way sure, but different?

Yes. The sigma has been around since 94. when glock sued them for patent infringement. S&W had to change the gun and pay off glock. The SD came out in 2010 after the M&P and was meant to be a self defense (SD) pistol that was cheaper than the M&P. The SD (caliber)VE started coming out in 2012 and was supposed to be the "evolution" of the SD and sigma lines.

Ruger CS is soooooooooooo good that, if you sent them the S&W grips and told them your story, they would probably carve you a matching set by hand for the ruger... [laugh]

No seriously, they just might...

[laugh2] maybe i'll give that a shot! i actually am gonna try using plasti-dip and see how it comes out an an old nasty set of grips... but if all else fails, i'll call ruger and be all choked up!

I should be embarrassed? For what. How about this, Jack, I think all you oversensitive "gun experts"should stop trying to sound like one of the "in the know" cool kids. Mindless fanboy response.

Last edited:
Have you ever dated someone that looked one-tenth as good as the woman in your avatar?

- - - Updated - - -

nice try buddy....did you notice they are BACKORDER?

Hahaha... you make me laugh ... your responses just became comical on top of what ever they were before.. Good luck I hope you find your Yoke screw.... but for now, looks like the Yokes on you.. [rofl]

I should be embarrassed? For what. How about this, Jack, I think all you oversensitive "gun experts"should stop trying to sound like one of the "in the know" cool kids. Mindless fanboy response.

So by "DISCUSS" you ment, agree with me our I'll cry like a little bitch? Dear lord man, what the hell is your issue? I fully understand your frustration. I'm having an issue with Para USA, but I also fully understand and RESPECT the fact that other have had a different experience and low love their Paras. Yes, you had a bad experience, I get how frustrating that is..... it happens.

I have a thread asking for a discussion on my Para, and I was told I was a fool for expecting something better than I got... did I cry about those comments? No, they were right

Last edited:
I actually like the way the M&Ps fit in my hand, so much so that I got rid of a G27 as I shoot my 40c sooooo much better. The triggers do need work but are easy enough to do..once you do a trigger job the M&Ps are fantastic. Just picked up a full size 9mm today and I am excited as hell to hear metal targets ring.

What I have seen of S&W threw the years I will not buy a new one, but the old wheel guns are great.

Yeah. I have a lot to learn. Like how to deal with snarky experts on NES.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

He's telling you the truth. The main object /interest of all companies is to maximize bottom line dollars. Period. If they don't , the employees responsible will be replaced. Snarky has nothing to do with it, so if you find a Smith and Wesson type company that doesn't feel this way, please let us know so that we can buy product from them before they have to close their doors. Thank you in advance for your anticipated assistance to we less knowledgeable than you..

Back
Top Bottom