• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is this?

If the pin pulls out to load the cylinder (once you remove the cylinder from the frame) it almost certainly would be a cheap Saturday Night Special.

From Wikipedia:

H&R American Double Action

H%26R_American_DA_right_side.jpg

IT looks like a H&R but Iver johnson also made a revolver that looks just like that and so did many other Co_Of that era. Unless you have some markings on the revolver it is going to be hard to tell who made it.Most of them came in 22,32,38 S&W . I have about 7 revolvers from that era with light loads they are fun guns to shoot but you have to make sure that they are in good working order and the timing is not off.

IT looks like a H&R but Iver johnson also made a revolver that looks just like that and so did many other Co_Of that era. Unless you have some markings on the revolver it is going to be hard to tell who made it.Most of them came in 22,32,38 S&W . I have about 7 revolvers from that era with light loads they are fun guns to shoot but you have to make sure that they are in good working order and the timing is not off.

Yup, a cheap copy of an H&R, or Iver Johnson. There were dozens of companies that made these. If you compare the pic of the H&R and the one in the OP, they are close, but not exactly the same.

It looks iver-johnson-esque.

It looks pretty close, the cylinder stops defiantly are iver-johnson-esque.

Looks like a Harrington & Richardson model 1906. Made in Worchcester Ma.

It looks an aweful lot like a Harrington & Richardson "Young America".

From Wikipedia:

H&R American Double Action

H%26R_American_DA_right_side.jpg

IIRC H&R's usually had some kind of marking on the left of the barrel or top strap. Iver's as well.

Yup, a cheap copy of an H&R, or Iver Johnson. There were dozens of companies that made these. If you compare the pic of the H&R and the one in the OP, they are close, but not exactly the same.

The H&R's cylinder pin has rings of checkering, this gun doesn't (look at all the examples online). It looks almost like a mix of the two designs, with Iver's cylinder, and H&R frame, with a different pin latch than either. I cant explain why, but to me it looks like a British knock off. Its a pretty common design from the time, and was copied quite a bit. Any markings at all on the gun? what caliber?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom