• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is this 1911 worth?

I'm thinking of buying a Kimber 1911 custom series 1. It looks brand new and possibly unfired. It does have the Clackamas Oregon stamp and from what I hear those are very sought after with collectors. Being in Ma, these will probably sell for a couple hundred more then other states. Any idea what you think this might be worth?

I have a series one Clakamas pistol and paid 1,100 for it but this was years ago when Kimber was all the rage. I think the whole Clakamas thing was overblown and only important to Kimber fans, not necessarily 1911 fans as a whole, you have plenty of folks that despise Kimbers, as well as plenty that love em.

when I bought mine, I was in the market for a 1911 and the options were either over priced plain jane Colts, basic springers, or top dollar Ed Browns and Wilsons, so the Kimber was right in the middle for me.

I had an urge for a Kimber a few years ago. It was a really bad urge but the numbers didn't make sense in MA that they were asking. The urge passed and I'm just fine now without one.

It's only worth what you want to spend and if it's a collector piece shooting it is not going to help the value of it in the long run IMO.

I bet that's a decent gun, probably made before Kimber's QC went to total shit.

Back
Top Bottom