What is the "minimum gun" you feel adequate carrying?

Well, you really have to learn to "dress around the gun", but this is the bare minimum. Anything less and you will always be under gunned.

maxresdefault.jpg

SMITH & WESSON 360PD 357 SNUB NOSE 11OZ EMPTY ALWAY HAS ONE IN THE CHAMBER NO SAFETY NO DUDS NO JAMS NO EXCUSES

I was told by several people that carrying a five shot .38 snubby in today's dangerous world is no longer enough protection because a lot of bad guys work in groups now. Some of these guys don't leave home without a kitted out RMR on the slide Glock 19 and 3 spare mags, total of 60+1 rounds on them.

Where does NES land in this area? What *amount of gun* would you feel is good enough for EDC where you live and travel when out and about?

I can’t tell if you are a troll or a giant homo. Either way I don’t care enough about the internet anymore. Carry a .22

I was told by several people that carrying a five shot .38 snubby in today's dangerous world is no longer enough protection because a lot of bad guys work in groups now. Some of these guys don't leave home without a kitted out RMR on the slide Glock 19 and 3 spare mags, total of 60+1 rounds on them.

Where does NES land in this area? What *amount of gun* would you feel is good enough for EDC where you live and travel when out and about?
The minimum gun? depends on personal preference and situation. I generally avoid going to dangerous places and dislike wearing pants with a belt, so I'd feel OK with a 380 or similar in a belly band. Just something for personal protection.

I can see where some of these guys are coming from. If one frequents high crime urban areas.

Maybe consider keeping a long gun in a vehicle or close by in case the situation escalates into "SHTF GO TIME - NES OPERATORS HIGH ALERT, MEET AT RALLY POINT CHARLIE" But I'm out and about minding my business, not an operator or LE or security.

Last edited:
There goes out the window the anti gunners' argument that 90 something percent or more of gun defense scenarios involve 3 shots or less. You feel 11 rounds cuts it but not 5? Do you carry a reload?
Their claim is based on a false premise, which is that the 2nd amendment and gun ownership is about having just enough for self defense. It's not.

Last edited:
I can’t tell if you are a troll or a giant homo. Either way I don’t care enough about the internet anymore. Carry a .22
What's wrong with being a "giant homo", Mr. I Don't Care Chad Nods Pic? And you're right. As Snoop said, 22 round nose be all up in there like a pinball.

I carried a .38 snubnose for years. Had one particular uncomfortable encounter where five rounds didn't seem adequate so last year I swapped it out for a 10+1 P365. Does that answer your question?

Alot of us J frame people are converts to the Sig P365. I do still feel very comfortable carrying my 4 inch K frame revolver as I am very accurate with it. The J frame.. ugh.. I do okay.. with it.. Its always been the 3913 or J frame.. until the Sig P365 came along..

Avoid shitty areas and just carry your everyday gun. If you have to go where you don't feel safe, xtra mags are your friend.

I normally carry a P365 with a 15 round extended magazine. In the summer, with shorts, I carry a P238 (.380) with one of those jock strap holsters. Anything to enhance the package. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom