• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is the longest distance you have shot a rifle at?

What is the longest distance you have shot a rifle at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1k for me, back when I used to live in Tulsa, OK. I got real interested in the long distance stuff back then, but got away from it about a year before I moved up here.

~SW

Not sure the distance but I have sent a few Hail Marys down the pipe with mixed results. Mostly 30-06 while in the mountains, we would set up a target on one hill and shoot at it from another.

ETA: Other than that the longest I shot a range was 600 but mostly 200-300.

Last edited:
Do automatic rifles count? I've kept rounds on target out past 1500 meters, the target may have been a tank hulk, but it was effective fire.

500 Meters with Irons on an M16, on a B-Mod target.

Mike

500 yards, down in Ramseur, NC, with a borrowed A2 and irons. I was on about 85% @ 500, only 50% @ 300-400 because the shadows kept throwing me off, and almost 100% at less. Course, my eyes wouldn't work for hours afterward.

Back in Basic Training (1969) I seem to remember shooting at 300 Yds. Long time ago so the memory may be a bit foggy. My range's longest is only 100 Yds.

Back
Top Bottom