• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is the definition of "direct control" in a vehicle?

And I'd argue that a gun in the glovebox is also not in your direct control.

. . . unless you stuff drugs in the mag, then LE/DA/judge would rule that it was under your direct control! [crying]

When your standing at the urinal in a men's room,and going that is direct control.

[rofl]

Trigger lock: $5.00

Remington 11-87: $600

Look on the officer's face when responding to a medical call at your house when he sees the shotgun propped up against the wall has a trigger lock and he can't charge you for it: Priceless
Living in VT where the cop will ask you if you want him to hold onto your gun while you're getting taken to the hospital - AND GIVE IT BACK TO YOU: Priceless.

This is where we go off into Massachusetts never never land. So the plastic Tupperware that our prized pistol was purchased in that left the LGS with a cable wrapped around the handle that a serrated kitchen knife would only need a minute with, that's better.

NOW you're getting it!!!

Pepperspray is unregulated for those over 18.

Is this true with colleges and schools as well?

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that a gun in the glove box is not considered under your direct possession. However, drugs found in your glove box are considered under your direct possession. It would be interesting to see a case where drugs and a gun were found in the glove box and see a prosecutor argue direct possession on one hand, but not in direct possession in the other.

And I'd argue that a gun in the glovebox is also not in your direct control.

Interesting. There should be a "table of definitions" or appendix in Mass. law that takes care of these sort of things.

Interesting. There should be a "table of definitions" or appendix in Mass. law that takes care of these sort of things.

I do not believe that it is legal at any colleges/schools without written permission from the person in charge (or designee). I can't quote anything but my gut tells me that someone caught would be prosecuted just like it was a gun.

MGLs are too far gone for that now. Should have happened 100 years ago before the number of volumes of MGL stretched 20' long.

[rofl] Good luck with that. They like the law being an ambiguous piece of shit ****pile disaster, it makes it easier for the state to hang people with the
law.

-Mike

I do not believe that it is legal at any colleges/schools without written permission from the person in charge (or designee). I can't quote anything but my gut tells me that someone caught would be prosecuted just like it was a gun.

MGLs are too far gone for that now. Should have happened 100 years ago before the number of volumes of MGL stretched 20' long.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if that were true. God forbid women defend themselves from being raped or assaulted on a college campus in this state. [rolleyes]

There is. See MGL Chapter 140 Section 121. You will find it is as badly written as the rest of MA gun laws.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom