• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is the deal with not accepting personal checks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again..nobody here is able to deal with facts or provide same.

Not really sure where you are going with this.

I have sold quite a bit of gear on news. As well a 100x more guitar gear over the years on Craig's, want ads and eBay.

I have had only positive experiences with NES people. And very few bad experiences elsewhere.

That being said.. Why as a seller would I really want to out myself into the position of having tons of issues? It is infinitely easier and less complicated to take cash.

I have dealt with checks in the past and I wold wait for the check to clear and only then deliver the goods. More often than not the check payers did not like this solution as all of a sudden the exposure was on them and they had to trust me. Some did most didn't and they came up with cash. Others were ok ,to deal this way and I did it.

Not at all. Just trying to point out how easy it is to get stupid comments from stupid people.
Not one post here has addressed my challenge. Just like liberals. You can't do it because you have no facts, no information and no reason to back up your stupid comments. It's all emotion.

Last time....If you have a specific example of an NES member with a LTC who has written a bad check and not made it good...then POST his name here or STFU!!

Morons...you're bus is leaving!

We can't give you examples because we only take cash and have not taken the opportunity to get screwed. This is like saying the fire is not hot because no one can show me burned hands. Most don't stick their hand in the fire.

Last edited:
I'll gladly take a check for anything I sell on NES as long as the buyer provides me with three forms of ID and a cash deposit in the amount of the check.

Derek

Please go ahead and delete this. My point in this whole thing was to demonstrate that 99.999 % of all NES members are decent, honest people and I would be happy to trust them.

Not ONE person here was able to prove anything to the contrary with the exception of anonymous accusations not based on facts or truth.

I'm sorry that instead of taking my comments as a compliment to the people here, many of you were very defensive and offensive.

That leads me to suspect your own concept of honestly is something to be concerned about.

Cheers all!

Not one post here has addressed my challenge. Just like liberals. You can't do it because you have no facts, no information and no reason to back up your stupid comments. It's all emotion.

I don't think it's all emotion. We are all entitled to our own opinions and if we are selling a product we have the right to dictate payment terms. Taking a check even from an honest person means that the seller is taking on some risk. What if the buyer has the best of intentions but forgot that he payed another bill earlier that week and when the seller went to cash the check the buyer's account comes back overdrawn? Cash eliminates this variable. I fail to see how advocating for using cash when buying things makes us all liberals? Maybe if we would only allow the buyer to use a credit card...but not cash.

Also your thread is titled "What is the deal with not accepting personal checks?". With that in mind I think you've gotten several acceptable answers. Just because you aren't thrilled with the answers doesn't make us morons.

Dave,

I'll close this with a final comment....

Talk to a few of the people that have run group buys here about bad checks from Green members with LTCs.

Shit happens. I'm guessing that they weren't intending to be cheats, they just thought that they'd be able to cover it before it came through, and then after that something came up, etc.

I've seen enough to know that I won't take a check from someone I can't get at after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom