• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is the current renewal process like in Arlington?

It's getting close enough to my license expiration to start the renewal process (I even got a postcard from DCJIS reminding me to start the renewal). I have a LTC-ALP.

I haven't been keeping up with what's been going on in Arlington since my last renewal and have no idea if they've tightened up, or added new hoops or what. At least the application is still pretty much statute-compliant and doesn't ask for notes or letters or any crap like that.

Obviously I plan to check "Unrestricted" in that part of the application and for the reason I am planning to write "All lawful purposes" (and nothing else) like I did on my initial application and on previous renewals.

Is Arlington still pretty much giving a pass on "all lawful purposes" or have they started wanting a more detailed reason than that?

And has anything changed in the interview? Six years ago I didn't even talk to an officer. The "interview" was done by a clerk who just retyped the paper application into the system while I watched and then scanned my fingerprints. Is it still like that or are they doing real interviews? If so, what should I be prepared for?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom