• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is the better range/competition firearm CZ75 SP01 (non shadow) or a glock 34?

What is the better range/competition firearm CZ75 SP01 (non shadow) or a glock 34? Have you fired both? What are the pros in cons to each in your opinion?

I am contemplating upgrading my CZ75 SP01, or buying a glock 34, so any input would help me greatly.

What is the better range/competition firearm CZ75 SP01 (non shadow) or a glock 34? Have you fired both? What are the pros in cons to each in your opinion?

I am contemplating upgrading my CZ75 SP01, or buying a glock 34, so any input would help me greatly.

Having had both (Although I had a Shadow, but close enough) you would be really stupid to to dump one for the other. There are lots of mods you can do to the SP01 to make the trigger better etc, if desired. I only ended up with a 34 because I had a Shadow and I could only afford to keep my 34.

-Mike

I side w the SP-01 but these firearms are so different....my wife shoots her G34 incredibly well and I too find it to be a very easy gun to shoot accurately. However the SP-01 seems a more inherently accurate firearm and its weight gives it a big advantage over the G34. If i were walking w the gun on my belt I would go G34 for sure.....simply for range I prefer any CZ and especially the SP-01.

I've never fired the accu-shadow but i consider that firearm too accurate for my modest shooting skills.

The cz is a far better gun. Especially once you get the trigger and sights done. The single action can be made very light and crisp, equal to any 1911, plus the heavy dust cover makes it easy to shoot fat and accurately

The cz is a far better gun. Especially once you get the trigger and sights done. The single action can be made very light and crisp, equal to any 1911, plus the heavy dust cover makes it easy to shoot fat and accurately

The trigger work is mandatory. I have a cz 75b with a trigger job on it and the gun is a delight to shoot. I installed the cz custom sights with the fiber optic front sight, and without a doubt, that's the most accurate with a firearm I have ever shot. The sp01 has some awful Mepro sights on it (I hate Mepro sights), and the trigger isn't as nice, but the firearm, but handles recoil so much better than the standard 75b.

Should I go sa only with it or keep it as a sa/da?

The trigger work is mandatory. I have a cz 75b with a trigger job on it and the gun is a delight to shoot. I installed the cz custom sights with the fiber optic front sight, and without a doubt, that's the most accurate with a firearm I have ever shot. The sp01 has some awful Mepro sights on it (I hate Mepro sights), and the trigger isn't as nice, but the firearm, but handles recoil so much better than the standard 75b.

If you can't run it DA/SA any more you can't run it in production, assuming you care about that.

-Mike

I have a G34 and love it. I have also shot the CZ. Personally i like my G34

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are going to run it in Production in USPSA or SSP in IDPA you have to keep it DA/SA.

Both are excellent choices for range/competition. I have fired both and own a 34, I would be happy with either one. I would try and shoot both and just decide which you prefer, or go with whichever one you shoot better.

Had both, only have CZ now. Hands down no comparison in my book. Shadow can also be used in competition but cannot be an Accu Shadow. The way CZ builds there frame to slide is by far better than the Glock design.

Had both, only have CZ now. Hands down no comparison in my book. Shadow can also be used in competition but cannot be an Accu Shadow. The way CZ builds there frame to slide is by far better than the Glock design.

You can't use the AccuShadow in IDPA, but it's fine in USPSA Production.

I've shot both. I own a G34 and had a lot of rounds through my last 34. The 75 was a standard duty style gun.

But in comparing two stock guns, or guns with no more than $50 worth of mods, I'd pick the Glock. The trigger is better because even single action , the CZs trigger is not that great.

I'm sure it can be modified to be much better than the glock's. I guess it comes down to budget. If you have a $600 budget total, the glock is better. If you have $1500 and don't want to shoot in classes that single action CZs are not allowed in, then the CZ is probably a better bet.

I did shoot a CZ, that a friend had purchased already heavily worked from the CZ custom shop. I don't know much about the gun, but it was almost nothing like a normal CZ. It was single action only, the trigger was magic, it was heavy, steady, and very very accurate. It was a truly custom gun.

Of course, I think he said it was a $1600 gun. Thats enough for 3 - G34s.

Don

I've shot both. I own a G34 and had a lot of rounds through my last 34. The 75 was a standard duty style gun.

But in comparing two stock guns, or guns with no more than $50 worth of mods, I'd pick the Glock. The trigger is better because even single action , the CZs trigger is not that great.

I'm sure it can be modified to be much better than the glock's. I guess it comes down to budget. If you have a $600 budget total, the glock is better. If you have $1500 and don't want to shoot in classes that single action CZs are not allowed in, then the CZ is probably a better bet.

I did shoot a CZ, that a friend had purchased already heavily worked from the CZ custom shop. I don't know much about the gun, but it was almost nothing like a normal CZ. It was single action only, the trigger was magic, it was heavy, steady, and very very accurate. It was a truly custom gun.

Of course, I think he said it was a $1600 gun. Thats enough for 3 - G34s.

Don

The Shadow CT I had not all that long ago was like ~$1300 and it makes a G34 look ghetto in comparison. It had like a 7lb DA and a 3ish lb SA, and a very short reset, as well as an overtravel stop. It also was production legal. In hindsight I should have kept the Shadow but things were what they were at the time and I needed the money. If I was actively competing (eg, hitting every match every week) getting rid of the Shadow would have been ****ing stupid. The price difference is effectively lost in the noise if you're putting lots of bullets downrange.

-Mike

Honestly the CZ blows the glock away IMO. I own several CZ's and they are easily becoming my favorite manufacture. Some people don't care for the double action single action but I really don't mind and actually kind of prefer it now. I've owned several glocks (never a 34 but have shot them before) and they are what they are...a glock. If you own the CZ already spend some money at cajun gun works and for less than $200 you can turn that gun into an even better shooter. New sights, ultra light kit, and SRT and you will have an amazing gun.

The Shadow CT I had not all that long ago was like ~$1300 and it makes a G34 look ghetto in comparison. It had like a 7lb DA and a 3ish lb SA, and a very short reset, as well as an overtravel stop. It also was production legal. In hindsight I should have kept the Shadow but things were what they were at the time and I needed the money. If I was actively competing (eg, hitting every match every week) getting rid of the Shadow would have been ****ing stupid. The price difference is effectively lost in the noise if you're putting lots of bullets downrange.

-Mike

I've got a question for you. I'm assuming that you also like Glocks and shoot them well.

Did you shoot the Shadow any better than the Glock.

I ask because I have a very nice Dan Wesson PM9, 9mm 1911. Its a beautifully fitted gun with a very nice trigger. It is a much much nicer gun than my G34.

But there is one problem. I shoot the Glock better. I've fluffed and buffed the Glock's internals and fitted a 4# striker spring to go with the federal primers in my reloads.

This summer in preparation for Walls of Steel I ran a bunch of strings with my wife running the timer. I wanted to prefer the 1911. Actually I DID prefer shooting the 1911, but I shot faster with the glock. I can only speculate as to why. Maybe its the lower bore axis. Maybe its the magic of polymer. I just don't know.

What I do know is I shoot the G34 better than I shoot a much much nicer 1911. It pisses me off because the PM9 is a joy to fondle and look at. And when I shoot it slowly, its much more accurate.

So I'm curious if you've compared YOUR performance using both guns with a timer or something else that isn't affected by the "this metal gun is really really nice" factor.

I've got a question for you. I'm assuming that you also like Glocks and shoot them well.

Did you shoot the Shadow any better than the Glock.

I ask because I have a very nice Dan Wesson PM9, 9mm 1911. Its a beautifully fitted gun with a very nice trigger. It is a much much nicer gun than my G34.

But there is one problem. I shoot the Glock better. I've fluffed and buffed the Glock's internals and fitted a 4# striker spring to go with the federal primers in my reloads.

This summer in preparation for Walls of Steel I ran a bunch of strings with my wife running the timer. I wanted to prefer the 1911. Actually I DID prefer shooting the 1911, but I shot faster with the glock. I can only speculate as to why. Maybe its the lower bore axis. Maybe its the magic of polymer. I just don't know.

What I do know is I shoot the G34 better than I shoot a much much nicer 1911. It pisses me off because the PM9 is a joy to fondle and look at. And when I shoot it slowly, its much more accurate.

So I'm curious if you've compared YOUR performance using both guns with a timer or something else that isn't affected by the "this metal gun is really really nice" factor.

When I had both, I shot the Shadow a lot better on average. Admittedly, some of it was because of the sighting... the SCT had a fiberoptic front on it and my G34 still has the cup and ball setup.....which sucks. (One of my next action items with that gun is changing the sights out on it). A lot of it was just the fact that I found the Shadow's trigger easier to deal with. As far as the whole bore axis thing goes, I didn't notice an appreciable difference in recoil between the two, yeah, it felt different, but I didn't feel at a big disadvantage with the G34 in that regard. Mag changes were far easier on the Shadow because of the factory extended release; on the 34 I can't use the factory extended release because it stabs me in my support hand and it's uncomfortable, so I had to go to a factory G17 release. In a perfect world I could run a vickers release on the 34 but unfortunately that isn't production legal. If Glock wasn't so retarded, they'd produce the "FBI release" and let the public buy it and I could run that instead. [laugh]

-Mike

I shot G34 few weeks ago and have a CZ Shawdow Custom on order. I will let you once I received the CZ. For some reason, I do not like the Glock grip position.

Back
Top Bottom