• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is the best quality .22 rifle in your opinion

Looking for a top quality target 22 rifle. I am sure there is a thread on this somewhere but I also know that technology changes by the minute. Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks in advance....

It really depends on what you want to do, but few can dispute Anschutz as the gold standard.

If you give us an idea what you are wanting to do with it (3 position smallbore, benchrest, etc) there might be other less $$$ options that are very great shooters.

Looking for a top quality target 22 rifle. I am sure there is a thread on this somewhere but I also know that technology changes by the minute. Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks in advance....

+1 on the Anschutz advice. They are pricey, however.

I've got two of the CZ452's and love them. You will see a lot of talk about them on www.rimfirecentral.com

Great rifle, gorgeous wood and a tack driver. The trigger is a bit wonky, but there are very inexpensive kits available to sweeten them up.

Rich

Anschutz, Walther, Feinwerkbau.

A less-costly alternative may be the Kimbers that the CMP (still?) has for $600.

I love my Anschutz. 50 years old and still outshoots everything other than its newer family members:
1413.jpg

Winchester Model 52.

+1.

Much more affordable than an Anschutz and it will be a while before you notice the difference in accuracy.

If you find one with a Kenyan trigger, jump on it.

Last fall, Cabela's in East Hartford had two all original.

I have been on the look out for a 22 bolt as well..
I have been focusing the cz..
Any feed back on the Rugers?
Debating between 22 and 22 mag..

anyone know anything about the RAA 22's. Zero Hour had one for about $700 in some sort of target configuration. It felt solid anyone have any shooting experience with them?

Back
Top Bottom