• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is S&W thinking?

I thought the entire industry knew not to use the Toblerone slide serration cuts after the original Beretta APX was unanimously selected as the ugliest pistol on the market.

Smith & Wesson Inc.

GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO CRY ABOUT. This parents and teachers association meeting day, we are excited to announce the NEW Smith & Wesson PUNISHER, the ultimate disciplinarian tool.

Chambered in derision, the PUNISHER features glairing disapproval and state of the art condescension. Send them to the coroner with the all new PUNISHER today.

You don't know how much this new "Equalizer" pains and depresses me as a lifetime Smith & Wesson aficionado... of all-metal and wood handguns (pre-MIM, Pre-IL P&R). It's bad enough that it's based on the "EZ" series for weak women and even weaker men, but that name and look is just plain awful. Someone married an SD9VE and an EZ9 and then found a TV name for it and billboarded it on the slide. Yeech!!!!!!! 👎

The_Equalizer.jpg

Worst marketing team in the firearms industry
This. I don't own any S&W products, but I see stuff like the Governor, the KSG shotgun clone, the CSX and I consider them unique, but S&W has no clue how to market them or get people to buy them.

The only moderate modern success S&W has had for their handguns has been the Victory and that was largely because of the improvements in taking it apart vs the Ruger Mark 3, not because S&W marketed it well.

I think Larry Vickers once said that Smith and Wesson has an uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom