• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is S&W thinking?

Worst marketing team in the firearms industry
Since 60% of their sales is "smith people" most will gobble it up..... 🤣

They came up with "equalizer" because somebody figured out that a bunch of people were turned off by "M&P Shield" thinking it was some kind of feminine hygiene product..... like it literally sounds like something you'd find at CVS.....

Plus Beretta is always doing rebates for them, but the APX comes off as a budget Beretta pistol, not like their other poly pistol the Px4, which comes off as an enhanced polymer version of the 92.
Ha lol i think the px4 is hideous

I love old S&W revolvers,

Models 36, 60, 13, and 19 have been in my collection at some point

I had a 3913 30 years ago and to this day I regret selling it

After that..... they lost me... granted I am a big fan of Glock when it comes to Polymer pistols, the S&W M&P not so much

I cringe when manufacturers give guns names like that.

Hey, I got an idea...how about getting rid of that f***ing Hillary Hole!
Not one of my S&Ws has that.. what I don't get is why it's revolvers only.. oh and Ruger has something similar for their revolvers..

Heres an idea for the thugingtons of america dont leave your loaded guns in the couch or under the pillow so your muppet kids can grab them.

When the Shield came out in 2012 ish there were not a lot of single stack 9mm pistols on the market. And not at that price point.

I’m a huge fan of S&W revolvers but their semi auto line has always been lacking and this one falls into that same category.

You'd think for what they set as an m.s.r.p. is on a 929 or any other wheelgun, especially the performance center stuff (its in name only) , they at least throw in a set of Hogue Big Butt grips and a Dawson front sight. Nevermind having to gut the thing completely to stone out all the chatter marks to get rid of the grittiness and ream the cylinder throats to get em all the same diameter.
Kit guns, at best, out of the box.
Which I guess is the lesser of several evils compared to everything else out there in that price range.

The semi auto line they carry is severely lacking indeed. I think the firearms industry as a whole has run out of ideas. This new run of steaming turds coming from various manufacturers seems to be all about who can cram a t.v. set on the smallest handgun they make and get it to market as quick as possible.

Back
Top Bottom