• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is one thing you would take with you on Naked and Afraid?

The top of my list would be a laser flashlight which should scare any dangerous animal away.

Rope.

tumblr_m0oe2qtW5m1r08w8o.gif

I like that show. Not sure if they tell you where you're going ahead of time but that would definitely help me decide. Although, they seem to always pick warm to hot environments, so that's a hint.

an ax or machete seems like an obvious choice but after watching the show, I think I'd bring either a metal pot or mosquito net. you can improvise an ax with stone but a metal pot is hard to reproduce as is a net. can boil water with a pot and make stew, which is an efficient way of harvesting all the food you hunt and gather. it pains me to watch someone catch an animal on that show just to see them cook all the fat away on an open fire. aside from keeping the bugs away a net can be used to fish and catch birds and small animals.

Never seen the show, but I WOULD feel naked and afraid without my P22, a couple of extra clips, and a box of ammo. Wait, does that count as more than one thing? All the suggestions are good, but maybe the one thing you couldn't improvise would be a pot. Could also double as a water bucket. After that, maybe a Leatherman.

Seriously it would depend on where I was going and what my partner was bringing. If i was stuck somewhere dry i would want a pot and a knife for me and my partner as i feel i can make a friction fire. If it was wet and moist area i would pass on the pot and stick with a knife and fire starter and hope to find some vessel to boil water. In the early seasons of N&A they only got 1 item each but in the later seasons they got a fire starter and one item each.

Knife. I like the show, but some of the things that people bring with are beyond retarded. I remember people bringing swimming goggles twice, some guy brought duct tape and several people have brought mosquito nets. There are also the people who show up with bow drill fire sets. If you weren't going to bring a knife, wouldn't you at least bring a fire steel instead of a very energy consuming way of starting fire?

Knife. I like the show, but some of the things that people bring with are beyond retarded. I remember people bringing swimming goggles twice, some guy brought duct tape and several people have brought mosquito nets. There are also the people who show up with bow drill fire sets. If you weren't going to bring a knife, wouldn't you at least bring a fire steel instead of a very energy consuming way of starting fire?
They don't discuss it on the show but participants have reported they submit their item request and then when they are dropped off they hand them their item and it can be grossly different from what they request.

So as always, there's some infused drama tacked on to the reality.

They don't discuss it on the show but participants have reported they submit their item request and then when they are dropped off they hand them their item and it can be grossly different from what they request.

So as always, there's some infused drama tacked on to the reality.

If they pulled that on my, it would probably take them 10 takes before they didn't have to beep out every other word I was saying...lol. "Hey, we know you wanted a knife, but here's 25' of paracord instead."

Back
Top Bottom