• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is one of your favorite absolute horrible trashy junk foods? Must be seriously unhealthy to qualify

Have you had a giant frosted coffe roll from kanes??? Soooooo good. Also their glazed donuts are amazing

I think coffee roll and cinnamon roll are the same? Not sure.

Never heard of Kanes.. Only place I get donuts in this donut desert is Tony D's in Northborough. Not the best I have ever had, but fresh. I haven't had a donut in a while, but when I do I make a meal and eat like 4 of them and get really sick and don't eat donuts for like a year.

Pizza....eat that too much.

Donuts...especially Congdons in Wells. I eat them rarely....but I can eat 3 of those MFer's in one sitting, with a big glass of milk and I'm sure its taken years off my life. Litterally probably 1500 calories right there of fat and sugar. #heartattackwaitingtohappen

I thank god that Dunkin Donuts sucks so bad they are inedible and ran every other donut shop out of business, or i'd eat more donuts.....but I only eat good donuts, which are rare in my neck of the woods.

I used to eat more fried food when I was younger, but now its only during the summer, and must be decent seafood.

Last edited:
Never heard of Kanes.

wtf.gif
I haven't had a donut in a while, but when I do I make a meal and eat like 4 of them and get really sick and don't eat donuts for like a year.
[laugh]

Actually Kane's is like everyone else. Living off their past rep and over-rated for the price. Think its like $40 for a dozen now. F that

I haven't had a donut in a while, but when I do I make a meal and eat like 4 of them and get really sick and don't eat donuts for like a year.
Im like that with Chinese. Get a craving, know I shouldnt but cant resist. Halfway through Im regretting my decision and afterwards Im swearing Im never doing that again. A few months later Im back

I thank god that Dunkin Donuts sucks so bad they are inedible and ran every other donut shop out of business, or i'd eat more donuts.....but I only eat good donuts, which are rare in my neck of the woods.
I tell my GF that a lot.

It is really easy to diet in the Northeast because the temptation of really good foods is not there most of the time. For example, if I want pizza, but can't have one I like, I just won't eat pizza. I will not eat pizza, just to eat pizza. If I am going to destroy my health, i want it to be the best bad food.

California has Chinese owned donut shops every 2 miles, and the donuts are always fresh and good :)

View attachment 728421

[laugh]

Actually Kane's is like everyone else. Living off their past rep and over-rated for the price. Think its like $40 for a dozen now. F that

Just looked, I have never been to north shore and Boston only a few times :)

Actually, went to Santarpios 2 times I think was Saugus.

4d6d940d-5c32-4725-90d1-3e6dbf7c2ab8.201cd3ba02d4bd089ca9814ba4fb63d5.jpeg

Just looked, I have never been to north shore and Boston only a few times :)

Actually, went to Santarpios 2 times I think was Saugus.
You drove right by the new Kane's and were prob a mile from the old one. You and I are opposites. I joke around that the furthest south Ive ever been is Fenway Park, lol.

Of pure bad junk - Doritos.

My kids love Doritos so we usually have a bag of Nacho Cheese flavor in the house for them to snack on. I like them too, but I can resist those. However, I cannot have Cool Ranch Doritos in the house. I will eat the entire bag without stopping. Every once in a while I will buy a bag but try to get the smallest bag I can find.

My other unhealthy guilty pleasure is Girl Scout Carmel D'lites/Samoa cookies. Thankfully I can't buy them at the store so that keeps things under control a bit, lol.

Edit: I forgot, the half moons from Lindell's Bakery in Somerville. To die for.

Last edited:
My other unhealthy guilty pleasure is Girl Scout Carmel D'lites/Samoa cookies. Thankfully I can't buy them at the store so that keeps things under control a bit, lol.

My wife dragged me to Wally World in Hudson, NH a few weeks ago. Told her I'd wait in the car. Saw the Girl Scouts selling cookies outside the store. I went up and got 2 boxes of the Samoas. Went back to the car and proceeded to eat a whole box waiting for my wife to return.

Back
Top Bottom