What is one of your favorite absolute horrible trashy junk foods? Must be seriously unhealthy to qualify

That is, of course, WEF's plan: the elimination of all small/mid-sized businesses in favor of their Partners.

I was listening to something about the private equity takeover of some industries. It was a fascinating "unintended consequences" situation.

Back in 82 or 83, the Federales decided that they should bump up the student loan programs and reduce teh # of straight grants they issued to students. The logic was, assuming you believe it, that more students would be able to be assisted.

As we all know 40 years later, all it did was move money from Mom and Pop America into the institutions of higher learning. College didn't get cheaper, it got more expensive. MUCH more expensive. Well over 2x the inflation rate for the better part of 40 years.

Anyhow, this program was talking about private equity buying up vet practices b/c older vets want to get out and younger vets can't buy teh practices because. . . . .

THEY HAVE TOO MUCH STUDENT LOAN DEBT!

I guess it was a major conspiracy by our lizard overlords FORTY YEARS AGO to devise a plan to stuff it to the general public 35-40 years later. LOL

Sometimes, an opportunist will just take advantage. To be honest, in a lot of high traffic areas, it would be impossible for a small business to succeed. The overhead is massive. You NEED a corporate entity to absorb the times when they can't make their nut. I'd rather have a small business, but in retail near a tourist area? They're gonna get sucked up and spit out by corporate America just because CA can handle the economic gyrations better.

All THAT said - while if I'm going out to breakfast I go to some local diner, I do enjoy, on occasion, an Egg McMuffin. Plus it's probably the healthiest thing on their menu, bar none.

Here is another Korean special.

Made from whatever was on hand post war added to leftovers from allied bases.

Spam, instant ramen, canned sausage, and sliced government American cheese.

Budae Jjigae, 부대찌개

It probably contains more preservatives than Cher at this point as well as half a year's worth of sodium, but damned if it isn't good, and the story behind it is even better.

Proof that people can be resourceful AF when times are tough.

I'm fairly certain that I could eat a huge Banana Split from Richardson's in Middleton for breakfast and/or for lunch and/or for dinner any day (and/or every day) of the week.

And their chocolate ice cream is basically better than sex.

Just sayin'

View attachment 822159
I notice on Google maps that it's right down the street from Mackey Funeral Home. Coincidence?

I'm fairly certain that I could eat a huge Banana Split from Richardson's in Middleton for breakfast and/or for lunch and/or for dinner any day (and/or every day) of the week.

And their chocolate ice cream is basically better than sex.

Just sayin'

View attachment 822159

I think you're doing the sex thing wrong. LOL

LMAO if Richardson's hot fudge is what sends me to my grave then so be it! LOL.. As Jackie Gleason always said: 'Short life and a merry one' 😊

Are you old enough to remember Bailey's Ice Cream shops in Boston? Looking for a comparison to their hot fudge. That was my nirvana of hot fudge. Extra dark chocolate flavor. They used to serve it in this aluminum cup-and-saucer combo and the hot fudge was required to be dripping own onto the saucer when served. F'ing amazing stuff. The ice cream was average. Teh hot fudge was divine.

You need a diagram for TABPSSLCPOoaSSB?????

And not sure I mentioned it - tried Ma's/Grandma's Donuts in NB 2 weeks ago. Their cake donuts are on point. Yeast is meh. I don't like their glaze. It's not old school. Corners are cut, I think. All new donut shop glaze has this. . . . thin flavor.

OTOH, their coffee rolls had more cimmanim than most places - I liked that.

7:15 on a Sat morning and it was dead. We were in and out in seconds. No line. A far cry from the mornings jostling at Colonial in Taunton. As long as you stick to cake donuts, it isn't that different.

100% not healthy at all. But once a quarter? So nice.

You need a diagram for TABPSSLCPOoaSSB?????

And not sure I mentioned it - tried Ma's/Grandma's Donuts in NB 2 weeks ago. Their cake donuts are on point. Yeast is meh. I don't like their glaze. It's not old school. Corners are cut, I think. All new donut shop glaze has this. . . . thin flavor.

OTOH, their coffee rolls had more cimmanim than most places - I liked that.

7:15 on a Sat morning and it was dead. We were in and out in seconds. No line. A far cry from the mornings jostling at Colonial in Taunton. As long as you stick to cake donuts, it isn't that different.

100% not healthy at all. But once a quarter? So nice.

I'll have to check them out. If you like a good cake donuts you should check out Allie's in North Kingstown (RI). They're my favorite cake donut around. Their yeast donuts are good too, but the cakes are where it's at. They also make an awesome giant donut birthday cake in different shapes.

Back
Top Bottom