• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is going on with Hunting locations?

Interesting, since the Westwood Gun Club is actually in Medfield. We shoot there all the time.

I don't know what they are okay with. I just know that their By-Law does not apply to state property, and that "Firing, discharging or shooting of a firearm, rifle or shotgun". Is the element of the crime, so that that must happen first.

So Medfield State forest is off limits too?

Not unless DCR made regulations that allowed such. City ordinances and town by laws have no authority over state lands. I have posted this before, and someone also post the case law that defined that.

Do your research, line up the proper attorney, and sue the Hell out of the town when you are unlawfully arrested for legally hunting in a place you can be. The only thing that is going to teach Medfield that they are wrong is a lawsuit. This has been an ongoing issue there for years. If reason and logic mattered to this town than this would have been resolved by now.

I personally know of a former Fish and Wildlife employee who was arrested AT GUNPOINT by Medfield police in the parking lot of the Charles River WMA for the high crime of going pheasant hunting during the pheasant season. A phone call from a F&W higher-up made the whole thing go away and he was "un-arrested".

Why he didn't sue the town is beyond me. As far as I was concerned he had hit the Legal Lottery.

Back
Top Bottom