• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is a fair price for an Olympic Arms completed lower made 1999?

I just bought a used Olympic Arms completed Lower receiver made in 1999. The magazine fit is EXTREMELY tight. The selector switch seems a little squishy, it doesn't snap crisply into either position, at least not compared to other ARs and M-16s I have handled. The finish seems good though. I paid $350 for it, but brand new ones go for $323 on the Olympic arms website. I got a free mag though, but I'm having the sneeking suspicion that 350 for a used lower that you need a mallet to fit the mag in is a bit too much. I might try to sell it for 100. What do you guys think?

Welcome noob. I moved your thread to a more appropriate forum.

Sounds like you got bent over. Oly isn't known for having stellar quality. I might be interested in it for $100 if it is a complete lower with a stock. PM me if you want.

if its made in 1989 then you might get 350 for it, but if you seriously paid 350 for it and it was made post 1994. you got taken pretty badly, the going rate for S&W, RRA, Spikes, bravo is 100-175 and thats brand new.

Ya I thought so, I just wanted to make sure Im seeing this with the right perspective, and Im not being a jerk. Like I said, lesson learned. Thanks

Ya I thought so, I just wanted to make sure Im seeing this with the right perspective, and Im not being a jerk. Like I said, lesson learned. Thanks

let me guess it was bought during the last presidential election? Alot of people got taken for money, i would just keep it throw a upper on her and run the thing into the ground

No it was bought two days ago (Yes Im soo dumb! I normally know better).I bought it on impulse. Im just going to try to sell it dirt cheap if I can.

No it was bought two days ago (Yes Im soo dumb! I normally know better).I bought it on impulse. Im just going to try to sell it dirt cheap if I can.

so you bought it at an inflated rate and selling it at a deflated rate, that doesnt make sense. save up some money and throw a BCM upper on it and run it into the ground, why sell it for a loss? olys are not the greatest but it will do for a plinker at the range, as long as all the holes are lined up and not over sized it will last you quite a while

If you're willing to throw $250 into the wind selling it at $100, why not spend a couple bucks having someone work on the mag well, than as a couple people have already said, beat the piss out of it?

so you bought it at an inflated rate and selling it at a deflated rate, that doesnt make sense. save up some money and throw a BCM upper on it and run it into the ground, why sell it for a loss? olys are not the greatest but it will do for a plinker at the range, as long as all the holes are lined up and not over sized it will last you quite a while

If you're willing to throw $250 into the wind selling it at $100, why not spend a couple bucks having someone work on the mag well, than as a couple people have already said, beat the piss out of it?

I'm with these guys. Build the thing up with some cheap parts and beat it like it owes you money. Because in this case, it does. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom