• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What in the world is this on the rail?

jho

Thumb activated light? It looks like a drop extension for the rail perhaps to clear the suppressor but what is that thumb lever/rest for? Is it a switch or a means of controlling muzzle flip?

c407de2db1f1791ed4b6f8fbfb7af505.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been out a few years.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/11/foghorn/gear-review-speed-ledge/

Gear Review: Speed Ledge

The key to running a handgun in shooting competitions is the ability to quickly get back on target after making your shot. Hitting the first target is easy, but it’s all about how quickly you can take down the next ones. The ability to make quick follow-up shots comes only after hundreds of hours of practice on the range, or thanks to winning the genetic lottery like a Lena Miculek. A few companies have been developing some products to try and make it easier to control the recoil of a firearm and get it back on target quicker, and one of those companies has come out with a device known as the Speed Ledge.

The idea is simple. The device attaches to the front of the gun, and has a small serrated pedal you use to rest your support thumb. It gives you the ability to exercise more control over the muzzle by applying force directly to that part of the gun. The concept has been tried many times before, and is a staple in the “race gun” sections of handgun shooting (known as a “gas pedal” or “go pedal”), but those devices have always been attached to the back of the firearm and typically are dependent on using the grip panels to hold it in place. The Speed Ledge bypasses that whole headache by clamping directly onto the forward Picatinny rail.

more at link.

Been out a few years.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/11/foghorn/gear-review-speed-ledge/

Gear Review: Speed Ledge

The key to running a handgun in shooting competitions is the ability to quickly get back on target after making your shot. Hitting the first target is easy, but it’s all about how quickly you can take down the next ones. The ability to make quick follow-up shots comes only after hundreds of hours of practice on the range, or thanks to winning the genetic lottery like a Lena Miculek. A few companies have been developing some products to try and make it easier to control the recoil of a firearm and get it back on target quicker, and one of those companies has come out with a device known as the Speed Ledge.

The idea is simple. The device attaches to the front of the gun, and has a small serrated pedal you use to rest your support thumb. It gives you the ability to exercise more control over the muzzle by applying force directly to that part of the gun. The concept has been tried many times before, and is a staple in the “race gun” sections of handgun shooting (known as a “gas pedal” or “go pedal”), but those devices have always been attached to the back of the firearm and typically are dependent on using the grip panels to hold it in place. The Speed Ledge bypasses that whole headache by clamping directly onto the forward Picatinny rail.

more at link.

Thanks! Sometimes even google can't replace tapping into a groups knowledge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google image search, "pistol rail device" without the quotes, let your eyeballs do the walking.
http://www.guns.com/review/2013/08/06/gear-review-fight-muzzle-flip-with-speed-ledge-video/

Other search terms may have gotten closer, this hit was halfway down a very busy screen. images.google.com search is great for times like this because you can use MUCH more generic search terms and your eyes will get you there a lot faster than guessing search terms.

I'm not sure I agree with this.
The lever looks to be cut so it can fold down about 45°,that would make it a little impractical to help hold down the barrel. Unless they allow full on handles.

I think it's just the release that holds down the rail extention

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I agree with this.
The lever looks to be cut so it can fold down about 45°,that would make it a little impractical to help hold down the barrel. Unless they allow full on handles.

I think it's just the release that holds down the rail extention

Fold it down to release it and up to lock it tight.

Back
Top Bottom