What in THE HELL happened to Riley's????

The junk area was near the ramp in the back, there were often boxes of shit all over the place, etc. Sometimes you could find half boxes of pistol ammo, shotgun loads, etc. I picked up a shitload of #6 dove loads there years ago, mainly because my rem 1100 tac at the time liked that stuff (it was hot enough to reliably cycle an auto really meant for 00 mag buck/slugs), and it was good for blowing things up at the range.

-Mike

I recall this section fondly. F**king good old days..

Check it out yourself. The son runs it now, same policies and same "Leo only" cabinet with scary Glocks. I wanted to see for myself and Its still not for me. Help yourself though,.. Bought a new gun there two years ago and then 6 months later asked about trading it up for something else and he told me that my gun that I bought there previously was not on the list,.. then I dug around and came across the phone call about a pre ban mag and the swatting that followed, and was not surprised. I was new to the whole gun shop scene then and consider myself learned now.

Check it out yourself. The son runs it now, same policies and same "Leo only" cabinet with scary Glocks. I wanted to see for myself and Its still not for me. Help yourself though,.. Bought a new gun there two years ago and then 6 months later asked about trading it up for something else and he told me that my gun that I bought there previously was not on the list,.. then I dug around and came across the phone call about a pre ban mag and the swatting that followed, and was not surprised. I was new to the whole gun shop scene then and consider myself learned now.
They probably still rape you on trade ins too.

Yeah well folks I'm really dating myself because I remember when Ralph was behind the counter and Dick Riley and his wife Doris were the 2 main stays with Bill Weber was Dick's partner back in the beginning in Manchester when they sporterized old military rifles. I still have receipts with Bill Weber's initials. Ralph was the original silk sheet commando who served his country proudly in Nam. My motto was Dick Riley before Riley dicks you. I am proud to say I made money on every gun I ever sold to Dick but not with Ralph. He was a slippery kid from Norwalk CT that moved to Cow Hampshire after Nam. Loved the old days but the past is dead.

Back
Top Bottom