What if they take it away from you?

In God We Trust

NES Member
I heard it again the other day during a discussion about carrying and self defense with a sheep.

"what are you going to do if you pull your gun out and the bad guy just takes it away from you"?

I have heard this logic so many times over the years. It must be part of the anti-gun play book because so many antis say this crap and I am stunned that people think its so easy to disarm someone.

My reply the other day was "Well, I'll just take it back."

Anyone else heard this comment? Is this a common thought process from anti gun idiots? It reminds me of the "Why didn't the police just shoot the gun out of his hand?" Bullcrap.

My answer is- If they can take it away from you then "you're doing it wrong".

The problem is the anti a**h***s think that a gun based altercation is like that gayness on television where someone always points a gun at someone else and there is 3 minutes of witty dialogue. That's not reality.

-Mike

1) its got two snap caps up top to throw them off
2) while they're fiddling with the snap caps, I pull my BUG
3) if they take away my BUG, see #1
4) shank the bastid.

I was told this by a guy who "didn't need guns because he was a weapon". He informed me he could disarm me from 10 feet away because they practiced it at his martial arts school. So we did an experiment I took him to the range(because he had never shot or been around someone shooting) turned out the old watermelon and a paint can 10 feet away and 5 feet apart and in a matter of seconds put two half jacket hallow point .44 mag round into each. I then asked him if he wanted to "practice" his disarming move and he shook his head no(because I had him keep his ear plugs out so he got the full monty of what being involved in a shooting would be like). Needless to say most of the antis haven't shot before and have no idea how loud and how much damage one round does, which is why I tell people you are more likely to kill someone "shooting them in the leg" and severing thier femoral than you are dumping a few rounds into thier gut which is bigger and easier to shoot, and if they bring up "shooting the gun out of someones hand" I again refrence the watermelon and ask "if someone has one of these pointed at you and you are about to become watermelon man do you want to waste a microsecond?" but thats jus me.

I would just tell them, "if someone is trying to take my gun I'll call the police". Then sit back and watch all the funny faces they make.

My response is, "How can he take it away from me if he's dead"? I've never got a response for that yet.
I don't think any anti wants a response. They want you to go "Oh my god I've never thought of that." and surrender your second amendment right.

just a newbie but... I would think it best to shoot them first :) kind of hard to 'take' someones gun if they have a round or two in them already...

I heard it again the other day during a discussion about carrying and self defense with a sheep.

"what are you going to do if you pull your gun out and the bad guy just takes it away from you"?

I have heard this logic so many times over the years. It must be part of the anti-gun play book because so many antis say this crap and I am stunned that people think its so easy to disarm someone.

My reply the other day was "Well, I'll just take it back."

Anyone else heard this comment? Is this a common thought process from anti gun idiots? It reminds me of the "Why didn't the police just shoot the gun out of his hand?" Bullcrap.

They say this because they believe the lie that "more people are shot by their own gun" versus you being able to stop an assault on you if you have a gun. This is Brady Campaign BS rhetoric. They don't question the stats. They just regurgitate the "stats."

Dont let them take your weapon, First few things when you learn in a basic home defense class, always treat the gun as loaded, never point the gun at anything unless your going to shoot it...and never let anyone take your gun away with you......I remember my buddy who is a US Marine telling me about a school he attended in the Corps, the instructors would try to take away their rifles, often casually, then PTed the Marines who gave up their rifles saying, "you never give up your weapon, if you do, your dead"

My gut reaction is always that getting shot with your own gun is about the worst humiliation possible, not to mention the being dead part. Hence the reason you never give it up.

But there are only a few ways it can happen.

1. Someone detects your CCW and for some reason disarms you before you can react. This doesn't even happen in movies. Further, this guy doesn't need a gun. He could just give you a shuto in the throat and everyone around you would die immediately, as he faded back into the shadows. Ninjers are like that.

2. You are close in and while drawing or aiming the bad guy grabs your gun. For some reason you don't pull the trigger before he gets it away from you. We're you not prepared to shoot? You shouldn't carry.

3. The only plausible scenario. The bad guy has a gun pointed to my wife's head and threatens to kill her if I don't drop my weapon. My wife has given me permission to shoot her through the right shoulder in this case if the bad guy is behind her, but only if i can't get a clean shot on the guy's balls. She thinks that a gunshot scar on her shoulder would look badass when she's at the beach, and it would cover up surgical scars. Double win!

Last edited:
3. The only plausible scenario. The bad guy has a gun pointed to my wife's head and threatens to kill her if I don't drop my weapon. My wife has given me permission to shoot her through the right shoulder in this case if the bad guy is behind her, but only if i can't get a clean shot on the guy's balls. She thinks that a gunshot scar on her shoulder would look badass when she's at the beach, and it would cover up surgical scars. Double win!

I think someone watched the movie Speed to many times hahaha

My gut reaction is always that getting shot with your own gun is about the worst humiliation possible, not to mention the being dead part. Hence the reason you never give it up.

1. Someone detects your CCW and for some reason disarms you before you can react. This doesn't even happen in movies. Further, this guy doesn't need a gun. He could just give you a shuto in the throat and everyone around you would die immediately, as he faded back into the shadows. Ninjers are like that.

2. You are close in and while drawing or aiming the bad guy grabs your gun. For some reason you don't pull the trigger before he gets it away from you. We're you not prepared to shoot? You shouldn't carry.

In response to number 2 remember and respect the tooler(probly not spelled correctly) the may be on you before you physically have time to react always have a a hand to hand back up plan.

Seriously???? What is the plan? Are you gonna tell the bad guy and your wife to "hold still" while you take the shot? Are there any distance restrictions imposed by your wife? Like if a bad guy has a gun to my head and you are less than 25' away......

What if the bullet doesn't penetrate your wife's shoulder? Even if it does, the chances that the BG won't be able to return fire are very very slim.
I hope that this is just a joke because what would really happen is you would shoot your wife in the shoulder, the BG would use your wife as a shield and shoot you. If you are that confident, and really are skilled enough that you can place a round accurately enough to send a round through your wife's shoulder and take down a BG, just take a head shot.

Unless of course you just want a new wife

This belongs in the category of argument which, if accepted as valid, also provides a compelling reason why LEOs should not be allowed to carry off duty.

Another example is the campus example of "the cops won't know who the good and bad guys are". Ok, so if that is a reason for not allowing carry, why is it then not also a bad idea for an out of uniform officer not known to the local or campus PD to carry on campus?

In other words, if your opponent accepts the concept that off duty cop carry is "good", the argument is easily refuted via reductio ad absurdum.

OMG.....I about fell out of my chair while reading this! I trust my Hubby. But, not that much!

Shooting through my wife to hit the BG wouldn't work for me. After so many years of marriage, my wife has transformed from concealment to cover. I may have to start carrying a rifle. [wink]

[laugh2]

Dear Playboy.......

Back
Top Bottom