What if government takes our guns...

Fahrenheit 451...

Anyways I read through about 13 pages of this thread and I stick by my statement on page 1. The fight is here and now, and a lot of talk like this thread is an intellectual TEOTWAKI/SHTF circle jerk.
Well ok then, let's start shooting. You go first.

So Kurt Vonnegut has the answer?

To be honest, I never read Slaughterhouse 5. Just Fahrenheit 451 and 1984 and I last read them when I was in middle school and high school, so anywhere from 2003 to 2009. I still have a copy of 451, I got 1984 from the school library every time I read it.

The thing that scared me the most about reading those books was that the societies as a whole stopped asking questions; asking questions or wondering "why" would get people arrested, so it was best not to think like that - or think at all.

Sorry for getting off topic.

To be honest, I never read Slaughterhouse 5. Just Fahrenheit 451 and 1984 and I last read them when I was in middle school and high school, so anywhere from 2003 to 2009. I still have a copy of 451, I got 1984 from the school library every time I read it.

The thing that scared me the most about reading those books was that the societies as a whole stopped asking questions; asking questions or wondering "why" would get people arrested, so it was best not to think like that - or think at all.

Sorry for getting off topic.

Its not really that off topic, Id agree that much of our populace has adopted the go along to get along mentality. We arent at the point of getting arrested for asking questions or wondering why, we are just at the point where most people are afraid to ask questions or wonder why, Watertown and the house searches is a perfect example.

Yeah, Im gonna stay over here circle jerking, let me know if tk421991 ( happy birthday btw) pops some rounds off, Ill come meet ya.

59416225.jpg

I hate the UN. They made me spray a perfectly good helmet with a rattle can. Baby blue. Of course, I gotsome paint on the straps, and you could still see the mess years later. They made me wear a BLUE beret, and the wrong way to boot. The shame! The rules of engagement they gave us were longer than the Lord of the rings. They constantly send "observers" on patrol with you. The sucker doesn't speak your language and is, usually, a commissioned assclowns who brings his own sandwiches to a 4 hour patrol. I shit you not. We did a patrol on the Sabra-Chatillah axis, and the UN sent us some Indian (dot, not feathers) captain. I shit you not, baby blue turban, red tie, and cucumber sandwiches. So, no guys, no need to be nervous about them.

Cucumber sandwiches? That's some sick s**t.

Since the police, national guard, troops will follow the order, what can we do? Do you have the guts to resist?

=======================================
Okay, I might have not addressed my original post clearly. A friend of mine pointed out that what happened in that video I quoted only showed government's interest in our AR. I am actually imagining a scenario that douchebag like Obama passes an executive fart again and says let's take all the guns (all the firearms). The video only shows that some maybe not all the cops, national guards, troops will compliant with the order, perhaps burdened by the vow they took.

I've said this over and over again - and people don't seem to get it.

You don't need to fight them. You don't need to resist - you just need to make the guns "disappear".

This is the flip side of registration - which is what we have in this state at least. Registration lets the government keep track of what guns you own. But once they do that - and if they ever decide to go about confiscating them - it also is a big red flag in their face " These are all the guns out there - you only managed to confiscate 10% of them - where the hell are the rest of them?"

I think the biggest problem isn't the fact that the government might confiscate all your guns - it's the stupid bullshit in everybody's heads - that prevents them from seeing that if the government is at the point where they're confiscating - we're probably right on the verge of really needing those guns.

Want to drive the government crazy? Make all your guns disappear so they can't find them. They will spin themselves into the ground going around trying to find them all.

Solzenitzin said that if people had only resisted when the Soviet Secret Police came around and started grabbing people up and putting them in the camps - then they whole enterprise would have stopped because if the police had been getting killed - they would have very quickly run out of police.

The same thing happens if the govt. decides to confiscate guns - they will very quickly run out of manpower to go find them all - if they're all "gone".

We already know there are something like 300 million firearms in this country - what have you done to make your guns disappear today?

- - - Updated - - -

They can't take them all.

They can't take ANY of them - if they can't find them.

- - - Updated - - -

IMHO, much of the tough guy, pry it from my cold dead hands talk that I hear will fall by the wayside when many come to the reality that they are not the only one at home if, or when the gun grabbers make a call to their home to take firearms. The safety of wives, children and elderly parents are just some of the attitude adjusters that will surely also be considered before one decides to lock and load in defense of their right to keep and bear arms for real. It sucks, but then it's just my opinion.

There are no guns here officer - how many people are you going to kill trying to find something that doesn't exist?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time I checked, the hunt in Watertown was post-Katrina. Exigency trumps law. Tell me the Constitution applied there.

BTW, my answer is 'here are the ones I have here, please take them and be on your way'. The 'rest'? They're at my cabin in New hampshire/my brother's house/lent to a friend in Maine to hunt/the dog ate my homework. PVC, Silicon gun socks, hot hands desiccant and rolls of foodsaver bags are your friend.

Exactly - make them disappear. Leave behind only whatever you intend on defending yourself to the death with - or one crappy old rusty Mosin that you hand over as a token.

" But sir you have 112 other firearms registered to you - you're only giving us this one?"

"that's right - you're going to have to go find all the other ones - have a nice ****ing life with your pick and shovel"

Yes, few of us will risk our families to fight 80 cops at the front door. But what will happen imo, is you'll have like-minded citizens meeting in hiding places, forming a revolution. And this will probably happen soon after the first doors are busted down.

If there are 80 cops at your front door - then you're a dead man anyway. If they sent 80 cops - it's because they know you have guns. You make a move to pick your nose - you're going to get shot - probably once or twice. The 100's of other shots that they miss you with - are going to kill everybody else in a 100 yard radius.

You might as well come to grips with that fact and just going out fighting and at least take a few with you.

If you disbelieve this - I'd suggest you start paying attention to what really goes down during these SWAT raids and how many people end up dead - even if they're a priest asleep in their bed or a 5 month old baby in his crib.

Yes - they may take your daughter and flay her alive in the town square to get you to give up your guns. If you give them up then - then you and your daughter and your wife and your dog - are all going to be shot anyway.

Go read the history of what tyrannical regimes do - first they torture your dumb ass to get you to give up whatever it is they want you to give up - and then they kill you anyway.

The point here is: if they come looking for you then you might as well come to grips with the fact that you're now a dead man and act appropriately.

Not sure if it has been mentioned or not, but I'm more concerned about what is coming out of the poor neighborhoods after .gov runs out of money than I am about jack boot thugs...

This entire nostrum is dumb tinfoiler bullshit, because it's simply not a realistic scenario under most circumstances. It's the equivalent of worrying about a muzzie crashing an airliner into your house, specifically. You''re getting wrapped up around a threat that will probably never come, and if it does come, it means we've all failed at protecting our rights, probably years or decades before it happens. The "war to take your guns away" is a mostly silent one, and it's going on, right now, in a whole bunch of different, insidious ways that have nothing to do with this tinfoiler fantasy of black vans with armed guys in it coming around to round up 200 million+ guns. If it ever gets to that point, it's already way too late to do anything about it.

The real war against gun culture is being waged RIGHT NOW, to the tune of trying to get society to turn against us, by demonizing firearms and owners, through various means. The constant barrage of "guns are bad", "this local range is too noisy, it must be shut down", "who needs a machine gun to kill a deer" and all that other bullshit, that's what the real threat is, because mind viruses often result in bad legislation and legislation leads to reducing the number of gun owners, etc, over time. The gun grabbers have failed on the full frontal assault attempts, so they are now shifting gears towards what I call a "long term erosion" strategy. Look at what Bloomberg, et al are trying to do with various media campaigns, etc. We've resisted this crap so far only because a lot more people are skeptical of this gun controller bullshit than they used to be, but the resistance is never strong enough. There's another prong to all of this, which is, in a nutshell- americans gleefully sucking for the notion of trading liberty for "safety".... that encompasses a whole other realm of which guns and gun ownership are really only a small part of. A far more realistic scenario than the tinfoiler bullshit of "black vans rounding up all the guns" is some muzzie incident where they shoot up a mall, school or similar (think mumbai, beslan, etc. ) and kill a bunch of children in the process, and then a bunch of wussbag retards start dancing on the bloody toddler corpses singing "save the orphans" and braying "ban the guns, guns are bad, this happened cuz you can buy guns too easily, wah wah wah" and then a bunch of despicable legislators take the easy way out and will try to send us down the river- they would get conned into signing our rights away in the from of another assault weapons ban attempt or similar bullshit. That is a real threat.

IMHO If black vans are coming to round up everyones guns, it's too ****ing late.

-Mike

Exactly right. Guns aren't taken by SWAT teams going door to door. They're taken by chiefs of police with their approval stamp on restraining orders and the help of the Village Vault. They're taken by making it a felony to leave empty brass on your workbench or carry a taser that's legal in almost every other state.

And if something like Beslan happens, at that point I wouldn't be surprised if an Amendment were made.

Yes - they may take your daughter and flay her alive in the town square to get you to give up your guns. If you give them up then - then you and your daughter and your wife and your dog - are all going to be shot anyway.

Go read the history of what tyrannical regimes do - first they torture your dumb ass to get you to give up whatever it is they want you to give up - and then they kill you anyway.

The point here is: if they come looking for you then you might as well come to grips with the fact that you're now a dead man and act appropriately.

That pretty much sums it up. If it goes so far south that they are knocking doors to take them.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Not sure if it has been mentioned or not, but I'm more concerned about what is coming out of the poor neighborhoods after .gov runs out of money than I am about jack boot thugs...

The poor neighborhoods will give you ample warning of their intentions. Once they're done burning down all their own shit then and only then will they come looking for yours.

And if massive hordes of poor people start roaming thru the suburbs - I bet that "law enforcement" won't look too closely when random bodies start showing up. They'll be too busy with other shit to do anything more than scoop up and haul away jobs.

- - - Updated - - -

or a slave of some sort

They don't make slaves out of people who resist - they shoot them.

The poor neighborhoods will give you ample warning of their intentions. Once they're done burning down all their own shit then and only then will they come looking for yours.

The smart ones will be on your door step while the others do this. Generally agree with everything else you've said so far though.

Back
Top Bottom