• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What I think is to be copper, on slide. Want to remove it.

Hello,

So I knew of someone selling a SA XDm .45 and I have been interested in one, so I went and bought it from him. I forgot to bring a lock and due to the design of the case I couldn't use the cable lock wrapped around the handles to lock the case. Now it comes with a holster as all XDm's do so I figured I would pop the holster on my belt and carry home. Problem solved.

What I hadn't noticed is that the end of the slide was rubbing against my jeans, right where the little copper button things are in the corner of the pockets. When I realized this I was home and looks like the copper had rubbed onto the slide. I have copper remover (M7pro) for the barrel. Is it fine to use on the slide as well? I am assuming it is but thought I would check here anyways. I planned on using the copper remover with a soft cloth and see if I can get it off.

I used the same stuff on my SS 1911 and it worked well. Just let it sit for a little while and it'll help a ton more then if you try to remove it right away.

Back
Top Bottom