What have you seen lately?

Yeah. It's the start of AfricanAmericanFly season. Once that is done in a few weeks, we'll slide quickly into skeeter-season.

Saw 2 foxes tonight. A couple weeks ago, had 6 deer and 6 turkeys in the same shot. Seeing a lot of deer and turkeys now that they are out of season. Also saw a hawk up close near Wachusett Reservoir. Will get some pics loaded up here soon.

Last edited:
I missed it, but my daughter saw it. Dead deer on the side of 140 near my house. I missed it bc the DOT truck was there to pick it up.

Spring is a great time to go for a looooooong woods walk. So many things are popping up and moving around.

White Rattlesnake root and Squawberry
905C2BF9-A4AE-461A-970D-01502BC71FFF.jpeg

Star Flower
38FD90AB-6B33-45F1-B84C-06B3A4722E47.jpeg

Skunk Cabbage
F1094ED7-491B-498E-83E3-0918BC686DCC.jpeg

Spring flowers of the Spicebush (smells awesome)
81FFA229-9859-40CC-B78B-7D663BF33AF8.jpeg

Old Ganoderma tsugae on a dead hemlock
48CDC54E-AA02-4756-BFEB-CC9FC847B2AE.jpeg

A prized Chaga on a yellow birch which I will harvest soon
98A2A61A-50CF-439A-92C2-122ACA089E2E.jpeg
Some unknown critter’s home with loads of scat piled up in front like Pelosi’s house.
6DD64C43-0549-4856-9197-82948A9A16DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Spring is a great time to go for a looooooong woods walk. So many things are popping up and moving around.

White Rattlesnake root and Squawberry
View attachment 474838

Star Flower
View attachment 474839

Skunk Cabbage
View attachment 474841

Spring flowers of the Spicebush (smells awesome)
View attachment 474843

Old Ganoderma tsugae on a dead hemlock
View attachment 474844

A prized Chaga on a yellow birch which I will harvest soon
View attachment 474847
Some unknown critter’s home with loads of scat piled up in front like Pelosi’s house.
View attachment 474848

Great pictures. It is nice to see the woods coming back to life.

I would guess that is a porcupine den. Looks like porcupine poop.

Bob

Great pictures. It is nice to see the woods coming back to life.

I would guess that is a porcupine den. Looks like porcupine poop.

Bob
I was thinking either porcupine or skunk. I’ll have to agree with your educated guess. Looks like a long time home?

I was thinking either porcupine or skunk. I’ll have to agree with your educated guess. Looks like a long time home?

They put out a lot of poo so not as long as you would think. This is probably and active den as you can see the fresh poo.

They don’t stick around long and move with the food. There should be some tree damage nearby.

Red squirrel disapproving of my presence in the woods earlier this evening. Alerted his friends and the cacophony ensued. Ware River Watershed. I like them more than grey squirrels because of their aggressiveness. Unfortunately greys bump them out of hearth and home. This is why I love hunting greys in September.

I need a reference for that so I can lol. I’m not sure what John Kerry has to do with field mice. Consider me ignorant.

It's a take-off on something he said during his (thankfully) failed presidential bid in 2004 (?). He was in the midwest somewhere and it a clumsy attempt to make it seem like he was firearms friendly asked "Can I get me a hunting license here?".

John "Effing" Kerry.

Back
Top Bottom