• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What have you seen lately?

Escapee.

I saw one on Christmas morning in our backyard circa. . . .1989 or 90. He just wandered up from the woods, did a quick circle in the grass and wandered back down into the woods. Such an odd place to see one. Nearest release area is about 5 miles and a month. LOL
It’s only a matter of time before a hawk swoops down on him.

I've mostly just seen roadkills lately
A couple deer, a yote, a turkey, a fisher & the usual critters

I had a Carolina wren make a nest on my back porch back in May, she laid 5 eggs & they all hatched. On Sunday the chicks starting coming out of the nest. 3 flew off on Monday & the last 2 left today
IMG_20230611_100139.jpg

Woke up to a dead flying squirrel in the driveway this morning. Had never seen one before and didn’t realize they were around here (south shore).

In the last week, in my yard I have seen a black bear, a beaver, a bunny (I thought the coyotes had wiped them all out!) and this weekend, a doe with her fawn crossing my driveway.

This lil guy gets more and more curious every time I see him and his mom. She stays back a ways, but he got to within 30' of me today. Cant wait till he's eating out of my hand when I can just hold a .22 to his head. View attachment 765904
I can see you are all about that fair chase thing.

Hmmm...I'm not sure WHAT this is.... Any thoughts? Hairless coyote?!?

It is a video. You have to upload it to YouTube, or a similar video program, and then post it as a video.

I was able to down load, unzip it, and watch it. It looks like a coyote or fox with a really bad case of mange.

That's a rare one. :)

My wife and son have been patrolling the beaches looking for laying diamondback terrapins in Assonet the last few weeks. This weather has them all F'd up. Full moon this week but DAMN they'll be a month late if they lay now. Trick is to keep the foxes and trash pandas away from the eggs until they hatch.

I've mostly just seen roadkills lately
A couple deer, a yote, a turkey, a fisher & the usual critters

I had a Carolina wren make a nest on my back porch back in May, she laid 5 eggs & they all hatched. On Sunday the chicks starting coming out of the nest. 3 flew off on Monday & the last 2 left today
View attachment 763351
Pretty birds and they are very vocal.

We had a VERY large. . . what we guess was a doe in teh yard last night. Her ears were perked up so you couldn't see any antler before she scampered off in the dusk. But she was too big to NOT have a rack if she was a he.

Much more reddish than we usually see. Most deer in our yard are this dull brown color to the coat. This one stood out in front of the greenery.

Back
Top Bottom