What have you purchased lately?

Three recent additions to the jcliff household in the past two weeks.

Remington 870 Home Defense
Ruger MkIII 512

And to top it all off! I was at Kittery this past Thursday. My wife caught me fondling a Henry 22lr Golden Boy, then she bought it for me. What a gal.

Pics will follow later.

Last week I got a French MAS 49/56 rifle and the week before was an Egyptian Hakim 8mm rifle.
Had a blast with both of them on Friday at the range.
Jon

Before we get competely off track here! :D

I got my wife an Inland M-1 Carbine about a month ago & bought myself a SA 1911-A1 two weeks ago.

Bought a Sig P229 two-tone in 9mm (for tax-free weekend) to go with my P228. As soon as I get a good background I'll post a pic.

Just bought a Glock 26 this past Saturday and I purchased a Ruger Security Six about 3 weeks ago. Had to get the Glock since it came with 700 rounds and the cost of feeding my Security Six .357 Mag was sending me to the poor house !!

I haven't gotten a new gun in a few months. All my extra cash has been going into wedding and honeymoon funds. But after September 10th I'm going to start saving and go shopping. I think I want a WASR-10 next. Won't take long to save up for one of those!

S&W Mod 66 - very sweet trigger on it, too.
Uberti replica Remington 1858 New Army .44 cap & ball - haven't shot it yet. Got to buy powder, ball, patch, caps... think we have Crisco already. Just have to think of a convincing reason to give SWMBO as to why I want to take a can of Crisco to the range...
Raflmao.gif

Ross

Cross-X said:
1313, how do you like your Bushy? Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

Love it, I have been shooting it so much that I have to limit the .223 ammo I bring so that I don't ignore my handguns.

Moderator said:
Cross-X said:
1313, how do you like your Bushy? Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

Love it, I have been shooting it so much that I have to limit the .223 ammo I bring so that I don't ignore my handguns.

Are you shooting iron sights, or do you have some sort of a red dot or holographic sight?

I started with Iron, one of my friends hooked me up with his hold reddot and I was using that, but I am back to using the iron getting ready for the carbine shoot this weekend at AFS

One suggestion -- do the first stage a bit more slowly than you might otherwise be inclined to. Use it as a bit of a warmup.

Take the time necessary to shoot within your ability. More speed can always come later.

As Clint Smith once said, "You can't miss fast enough to catch up!"

Last tip: stay well-hydrated and bring a few energy bars.

SiameseRat said:
I think I want a WASR-10 next. Won't take long to save up for one of those!

Let me do some research for you. I bought a low cap WASR-10, converted it to be fully compliant and opened up the mag well to take high caps (all legally). I still had less in it than a high cap would cost.

I just wonder if Century still has any low cap WASR-10's.

And, yes, I do recommend the WASR-10. I like mine, especially after putting in the G2 trigger and a SAW pistol grip.

dwarven1 said:
Uberti replica Remington 1858 New Army .44 cap & ball - haven't shot it yet. Got to buy powder, ball, patch, caps... think we have Crisco already.

I just spoke to a couple of local shops yesterday, Ross.

One of them has everything but real black powder. He has FFFG equivelant Pyrodex, though. He's got 44 round balls, a powder measure, caps and the Pyrodex. You can also try some of my powder (real stuff).

The Fed's raised the price for the Black Powder license to unreasonable, so no locals sell real black powder any more.

So, black powder is hard to find?

And I went over to a buddies last Friday and slicked up my new rifle.

It took us about 2 hours, and a lot of work with the stones, oil and paper.

But, now I'll tell you. My rifle works like it's sliding on butter. Now, I'll use it for a little bit then I'll change some springs and make it even softer and smoother. Then If I like it like this, I'll just take it apart and reblue all the parts that I smoothed up...maybe. I do like the look of the blueing all worn off on the action.

I don't know if it's hard to find, but, I've been told that the license to sell it went from about $10 per year to $200 per year. If that's so, it won't be carried by many dealers up here, since they don't gross $200 in real Black Powder per year.

Nickle said:
dwarven1 said:
Uberti replica Remington 1858 New Army .44 cap & ball - haven't shot it yet. Got to buy powder, ball, patch, caps... think we have Crisco already.

I just spoke to a couple of local shops yesterday, Ross.

One of them has everything but real black powder. He has FFFG equivelant Pyrodex, though. He's got 44 round balls, a powder measure, caps and the Pyrodex. You can also try some of my powder (real stuff).

The Fed's raised the price for the Black Powder license to unreasonable, so no locals sell real black powder any more.

I can get all the stuff down here... it was more a matter of $$. I pretty much hit my limit on tax-free weekend.

Why would it matter if I got real black powder as opposed to Pyrodex? Thought they were functionally the same?

Ross

Back
Top Bottom