• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What happens to anyone possessing a pre-ban glock hi-cap magazine?

He didn’t really grab my stomach. He was kind of swimming through the crowd moving people out of his way and his hand happened to land on my firearm as he tried to move me. And yes I got my Mags back fully loaded, besides the 1 round they test fired.
Thanks for sharing your story, it was an interesting read. Glad it worked out for you in the end. Just curious, why did they have to test fire your firearm?

Is there some sort of super secret holster retention law that only the cops know about that we must now be aware of? Is this just something made up so we can be arrested and detained that we have to now defend agents?

It was BS that he just made up. There is no such law.

Shameful you were treated that way. Not enough to be right, but you must fight to prove it. How steep were your legal fees?
I know it. Absolutely disgusting how people in this POS commy-wealth are persecuted for responsibly exercising their God-given rights!

The cop totally profiled you.

I hate to say it, but I don't think they would have pulled that crap if you were white.

Maybe, but at the same time given the level of full retard that happened here, officer douche would have just as easily done it to a
white guy. He knew he had an LTC and had been vetted at some point, yet they still persisted. There seems to be a vein in LE
where the fishing pole is worshiped.... and in the case of this gorton's fisherman that went FR over Moonclip's gun, I kinda find it hard to
believe he wouldn't have gone at least half retard on a white guy. The fact that the officer practically on cue whipped out lies about
the guy being intoxicated tells me "this ain't the first time he's done this before". There seems to be a vein of these officers that like
manufacturing "crime". Every -decent- LEO I know that I've talked about these kinds of issues with before has mostly said the same
thing- they're not inherently butthurt by the mere act of someone carrying a gun with an LTC. Then again I would also hazard a
fair guess that I have preselection bias. The LEOs I know personally are likely orders of magnitude smarter than many of the puds on a PD
these days, and they tend to eschew the whole "law enforcement robot" mentality favoring common sense and reason instead, and they
consider citizens to be people and not just a walking bag of alpo chunks with a serial number.

-Mike

I’ve only met a few a**h***s with a badge in 58 years and know a bunch on a personal level. That said, I have very limited experience in interaction with LEO’s overall. I must lead a boring life.

A valid LTC is easily checked and that should be the end of an interaction within a couple of minutes. If a LEO can’t determine drunk or sober within a minute or two perhaps he has a problem.

So last year My GF and I stepped out to a Hookah bar in Worcester ... About an hr into our celebration a shoving match took place between a group of people in our area. ...
That was Nature's Way of telling you to GTFO.
Sticking around after the cop touched
you was your second missed chance.

I'm sure your regrets are crushing,
but I can't help reacting.

Thanks for being so candid though.
You story may someday save some NESer 10x your hassles,
because you were willing to share it here.

And your regrettable story is a powerful lesson that
not only do you not invite The Man into your life,
you also stay out of arms reach when He's working an incidence.

If it was a packed bar, that's one thing.

If you joined a throng of spectators watching the shoving match,
that was an expensive gawk, wasn't it.

I've violated those rules.
It turned out OK, but that was just my dumb luck.

Around 1980, a daytime double date (other guy driving).
Stop at the White Castle in Journal Square (Jersey City) for lunch.
Detach the ladies to save four picture window seats.

Place is packed with what looks like junior high schoolers,
right after a school sports game.
Suddenly a fist-fight breaks out between two youts.
Everybody else drops what they're doing and packs tight to watch,
and offer advice.
Including all the workers behind the glass.

I wade through the crowd to tell the ladies,
"go sit in the car; we'll order 'em to go",
and then wade back to where the other guy
has our place saved on line.

What a gentleman, eh?
I like White Castle.

Suddenly the word goes out that the cops have arrived.
The fight peters out, and the crowd loosens up.
The manager is now screaming like a literal slave overseer
at the cooks and cashiers to get back to work -
I expected her to be flailing at them with a knotted rope.
We order and get our food, and either eat in the car parked,
or eat on the road.

Not carrying, of course - had nothing to carry.

But only a while afterwards did it occur to me that
someone in the crowd could have slipped a shiv into me,
and gotten away with it.
Instant GTFO would have been the prudent choice.

Your story redoubles my desire for a plan on how to disengage
if something starts up elsewhere in a restaurant.
(We're of course always running a tab).

Choices include:
  • Wade over to a waitress and give her some $20's.
  • Leave money wadded underneath our plates.
  • Chew'n'screw, then return to pay some other time.

It’s a long story man... I did request a breathalyzer.. but I would have had to have had a shouting match to be heard. Every time I tried to tell them I hadn’t had even one drink I was cut off mid sentence with” you’ve had more then one drink”.. this happened 2-3 times.. I didn’t want to make matters worse and Get arrested or roughed up. But in hind sight, I probably could have made a bigger deal out of it... I guess we will never know the outcome of that action....
"Request"?
How about, "I have chest pains, I need to go to the hospital",
and when you arrive, "oopsie, pains were gas; but please draw a blood sample for a BAC test".

There are other things that he could have done. For example, ask for an on-duty supervisor to give him another BAC test or have them take you to the hospital for a blood test in their presence.
^THIS.

Just curious, why did they have to test fire your firearm?
And, are they stupid enough to use the defendant's ammo?

Last edited:
That was Nature's Way of telling you to GTFO.
Sticking around after the cop touched
you was your second missed chance.

I'm sure your regrets are crushing,
but I can't help reacting.

Thanks for being so candid though.
You story may someday save some NESer 10x your hassles,
because you were willing to share it here.

And your regrettable story is a powerful lesson that
not only do you not invite The Man into your life,
you also stay out of arms reach when He's working an incidence.

If it was a packed bar, that's one thing.

If you joined a throng of spectators watching the shoving match,
that was an expensive gawk, wasn't it.

I've violated those rules.
It turned out OK, but that was just my dumb luck.

Around 1980, a daytime double date (other guy driving).
Stop at the White Castle in Journal Square for lunch.
Detach the ladies to save four picture window seats.

Place is packed with what looks like junior high schoolers,
right after a school sports game.
Suddenly a fist-fight breaks out between two youts.
Everybody else drops what they're doing and packs tight to watch,
and offer advice.
Including all the workers behind the glass.

I wade through the crowd to tell the ladies,
"go sit in the car; we'll order 'em to go",
and then wade back to where the other guy
has our place saved on line.

What a gentleman, eh?
I like White Castle.

Suddenly the word goes out that the cops have arrived.
The fight peters out, and the crowd loosens up.
The manager is now screaming like a literal slave overseer
at the cooks and cashiers to get back to work -
I expected her to be flailing at them with a knotted rope.
We order and get our food, and either eat in the car parked,
or eat on the road.

Not carrying, of course - had nothing to carry.

But only a while afterwards did it occur to me that
someone in the crowd could have slipped a shiv into me,
and gotten away with it.
Instant GTFO would have been the prudent choice.

Your story redoubles my desire for a plan on how to disengage
if something starts up elsewhere in a restaurant.
(We're of course always running a tab).

Choices include:
  • Wade over to a waitress and give her some $20's.
  • Leave money wadded underneath our plates.
  • Chew'n'screw, then return to pay some other time.

"Request"?
How about, "I have chest pains, I need to go to the hospital",
and when you arrive, "oopsie, pains were gas; but please draw a blood sample for a BAC test".

^THIS.

And, are they stupid enough to use the defendant's ammo?
Again, there is so much detail left out of the story. It wasn’t as if the shoving match went on for minutes and I was spectating. I didn’t even notice it was going on at first. Just like a personal defense situation, it all happened in seconds. And we actually were leaving per my GF request. That’s where they stopped me, at the door. I’d say from the point I noticed the shoving match to the point of being detained it was a total of 3 mins.. I’m sure there may have been things I could have done different to get a different outcome. But besides staying home that night or choosing a different location, everything else is a hind sight thought. Like I said, I refuse to live in a bubble. I just tread more calculated.

But to summarize my experience,... I’ve learned to not carry in a bar(I Don’t drink, so that’s easy) and to choose my locations wisely. We all hear too many stories of someone being at the “wrong place at the wrong time”. Classic example!

But to summarize my experience,... I’ve learned to not carry in a bar(I Don’t drink, so that’s easy) and to choose my locations wisely. We all hear too many stories of someone being at the “wrong place at the wrong time”. Classic example!

I still carry, but don’t hang out in bars.

Is there some statutory requirement about "retention?" Or a requirement that you have a holster at all?

They Sure did..! They brought it up in trial and all. I set the retention so that I have a smooth draw but with enough retention that I can flip the pistol in holster upside down and give it a “light” shake without dropping.

Sad that you now choose not to protect yourself in a place where there could be a need.

Again, there is so much detail left out of the story. It wasn’t as if the shoving match went on for minutes and I was spectating. I didn’t even notice it was going on at first. Just like a personal defense situation, it all happened in seconds. And we actually were leaving per my GF request. That’s where they stopped me, at the door. I’d say from the point I noticed the shoving match to the point of being detained it was a total of 3 mins.. I’m sure there may have been things I could have done different to get a different outcome. But besides staying home that night or choosing a different location, everything else is a hind sight thought. Like I said, I refuse to live in a bubble. I just tread more calculated.
River City Sheaths "Southern Comfort" and a razor-sharp Bowie might be a consideration. Conceals easily under an untucked shirt and will comfortably carry a large fixed-blade knife. In a bar fight, at contact distance, a Bowie is a very effective weapon. If you have to ditch it, no serial number to trace back to you. Also better than having your handgun and LTC confiscated by the cops. Sorry you lost so much $$$ in legal expenses

Yeah, a great idea blow into a machine operated by a LEO you already know is 110% corrupt... if the guy is lying about perception of your intoxication what else is he going to lie about? Not a chance I would take. Also under the law theres no bac limits or procedure for CUI, they can literally make it up as they go along...

-Mike
A MA court (I think it was appellate) held that being under .08 is not a defense to CUI because guns are much more dangerous than cars.

IIRC, there is no specific limit in the CUI law. There was language in the 2014 bill that was going to change that to make it consistent with OUI, but the language disappeared in the mark up and amendment process.

A MA court (I think it was appellate) held that being under .08 is not a defense to CUI because guns are much more dangerous than cars.

I didn't think so, so the DA and cops were just winging it. I don't know if the OP used a lawyer that specialized in firearms law or not. I'd think that even though the upfront cost might be more, that the process would be faster and more likely to result in a favorable outcome.

No and no.

I didn't think so, so the DA and cops were just winging it.
You would be wrong. The court upheld a conviction based on a BAC < .08 because guns are more dangerous than cars. I will ask some attorneys if they remember the case name.

Thanks man! My guess was to make sure it was not used in any shootings that they have on record.
They have to prove it’s capable of firing a shot.

You would be wrong. The court upheld a conviction based on a BAC < .08 because guns are more dangerous than cars. I will ask some attorneys if they remember the case name.
COMMONWEALTH vs. ROBERT VERONNEAU.
90 Mass. App. Ct. 477
March 9, 2016 - October 11, 2016

I meant winging it in regard to the retention and holster requirements. I can see why you thought otherwise, my spacing was a bit off.

And here I am sitting on my couch watching Chernobyl with my Kahr CM9. No troubles here unless Red Dawn creeps on in. It’s best to always be in a neutral situation with a concealed firearm @MoonClip but when I was trawling around Worcester in my younger days I didn’t have the LTC yet so fisticuffs were the answer.

What happens with Postban high capacity magazines nowadays anyways?

simply another reason why Worcester sucks
I find Worcester to be perfectly fine with regards to LTC approvals and carrying here. A very green city (Ma standards) where I got my LTC within 40 days. Of course in this case @MoonClip had a bad experience and as @teaser452 stated it may have been all because of the color of his skin. There may have been chance playing a greater hand too with the feels of the cop. Born and raised here I’m quite happy.

I’m still surprised with the high capacity prebans not being an issue though.

I’m still surprised with the high capacity prebans not being an issue though.
Would a prosecutor that disliked a particular cop
be willing to pursue a bad case
(but not double-down on supplementary charges),
if they thought the cop would get the blame for upsetting the judge with BS?

Or would the classical prosecutor
that only cares about their win/loss record
still be willing to press a garbage case
in a gamble that the judge would fall for the BS?

Back
Top Bottom