• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What happens if I get caught?

I am seeing a few threads on LTC restrictions and have just been issued my LTC A with target&hunting restrictions. (Still eagerly awaiting the actual card in the mail!) My question is, as the thread title reads, what happens if I get caught carrying and Im not on my way to/from the range?

I know there will be a bunch of different answers, Im looking for what some may have experienced. I have no intention of carrying all the time, its just that I have started night school in a not so great area. My 'nice' car sticks out and its evident Im 'not from the area' where classes are held.

At the every least you could (most likely would) lose your license. Nevermind the whole carrying on school grounds issue. Not a good idea.

Yeah I know about the school grounds thing, just wondering if the cops would be pissed off, or just happy there is a license in the first place

Way to go getting your license! Now you're going to throw it away by carrying concealed. Scrievner's back. Can he knock some sense into this guy?

Move to a green town and apply for ALP.

No! You can't move to a green town for an ALP! They need your voice in your non-green town to bring about hope and change! If you move to a green town, who will be left? Your non green town needs all the pro 2A voices to stay put and fight the system.

Love,

Your Friends at Freedom 2136

No! You can't move to a green town for an ALP! They need your voice in your non-green town to bring about hope and change! If you move to a green town, who will be left? Your non green town needs all the pro 2A voices to stay put and fight the system.

Love,

[laugh2]

I see what you did there. [wink]

Depends on the LEO who "pings" you.

IMO if you get a gun friendly LEO he's not going to give a rats ass what your
restriction is, a permit is a permit.

On the other hand if the encounter is "negative" you can bet your ass you will be ratted out to your issuing authority and probably lose your license. There's also a bigass possible fine attached to it too, but losing your license would be worse.

-Mike

Way to go getting your license! Now you're going to throw it away by carrying concealed. Scrievner's back. Can he knock some sense into this guy?

Probably not. There is such a thing as willfully obtuse.

This topic gets discussed with tedious regularity and any effort made to find such a thread would probably be successful.

But suggesting that such might be an appropriate course of action prior to posting another repetitious query is deemed un-nurturing. [rolleyes]

Love,

[rofl]

Depends on the LEO who "pings" you.

IMO if you get a gun friendly LEO he's not going to give a rats ass what your
restriction is, a permit is a permit.

On the other hand if the encounter is "negative" you can bet your ass you will be ratted out to your issuing authority and probably lose your license. There's also a bigass possible fine attached to it too, but losing your license would be worse.

-Mike

absolutely!! this is exactly the case.

As a gun friendly cop myself, I could care less what the restriction says and matter a fact as long as it says Class A large capacity I will appreciate the fact that he is carrying. Again most Cops dont know or are totally confused on the gun laws in MA. However...... again however if you have a cop who is not a "gun guy" and does not know or is unsure what to do he will confiscate the weapon because that is what cops are taught to do. When in doubt, confiscate the weapon. After that you could be looking at losing your LTC. That is where you could get into trouble.

but again, its hit or miss. A gun guy cop wont care. One who is not... well your taking a chance. Again I would work to getting the restriction removed. Harder said than done but its worth a shot.

Rob

Last edited:

This topic gets discussed with tedious regularity and any effort made to find such a thread would probably be successful.

But suggesting that such might be an appropriate course of action prior to posting another repetitious query is deemed un-nurturing. [rolleyes]

LOL, I get it! No worries, it was all just a passing thought!

BTW, scrivener, I guess youre the one I gotta look out for?

Is this where I ask what ammo brand is the best? [rofl]

I am seeing a few threads on LTC restrictions and have just been issued my LTC A with target&hunting restrictions. (Still eagerly awaiting the actual card in the mail!) My question is, as the thread title reads, what happens if I get caught carrying and Im not on my way to/from the range?

I know there will be a bunch of different answers, Im looking for what some may have experienced. I have no intention of carrying all the time, its just that I have started night school in a not so great area. My 'nice' car sticks out and its evident Im 'not from the area' where classes are held.

Crotch the thread! Here comes scriv![laugh]
Muzzy: don't!
OC (mace) and don't look like a target.

I tried to warn you and now you got "Scriv'ed"
Do you need a tissue?[laugh]

So you have a restricted license, a 'nice' car, go to school in a bad area and want to carry to, I suppose, protect your car and yourself?

Is your question: How many different ways could that land me in jail?

And for the love of God please tell us it is a nice Civic, Chevy, Nissan... Not a Ferrari...

You can't use that license to carry for protection. You can't carry onto school grounds (or anywhere but to/at/from hunting or a range for that matter). You can't protect your car with a gun in this state regardless of the license. I'm pretty sure there are other issues there, but what is the point of thinking them all through. You'll never see daylight again anyway!

OK, so if you actually DID that and were caught, you would lose your firearms, license, pay fines, maybe do jail time or at least probation and give all gun owners another black eye to wear.

So you have a restricted license, a 'nice' car, go to school in a bad area and want to carry to, I suppose, protect your car and yourself?

Is your question: How many different ways could that land me in jail?

And for the love of God please tell us it is a nice Civic, Chevy, Nissan... Not a Ferrari...

You can't use that license to carry for protection. You can't carry onto school grounds (or anywhere but to/at/from hunting or a range for that matter). You can't protect your car with a gun in this state regardless of the license. I'm pretty sure there are other issues there, but what is the point of thinking them all through. You'll never see daylight again anyway!

OK, so if you actually DID that and were caught, you would lose your firearms, license, pay fines, maybe do jail time or at least probation and give all gun owners another black eye to wear.

No, no. Just a ford. No interest in protecing my car...but NOT having a piece of shit can attract a not so savory person is all I meant. I could care less about a car. I DO care about myself however.

And as I stated above, it was just a passing thought. No need to get all upset. [smile]

absolutely!! this is exactly the case.

As a gun friendly cop myself, I could care less what the restriction says and matter a fact as long as it says Class A large capacity I will appreciate the fact that he is carrying. Again most Cops dont know or are totally confused on the gun laws in MA. However...... again however if you have a cop who is not a "gun guy" and does not know or is unsure what to do he will confiscate the weapon because that is what cops are taught to do. When in doubt, confiscate the weapon. After that you could be looking at losing your LTC. That is where you could get into trouble.

but again, its hit or miss. A gun guy cop wont care. One who is not... well your taking a chance. Again I would work to getting the restriction removed. Harder said than done but its worth a shot.

Rob

This!
And what drgrant & scrivener said!
Folks need to realize that LEO will arrest in absence of common sense and you will be automatically found "at fault".
You may luck out with a fine and loss of license, but you JUST got "it" so why jepodize losing your class A by being foolish.
Bottom line , dont carry on school grounds.

To Scivener: Explain "willfully obtuse" to EVERY LEO!

No, no. Just a ford. No interest in protecing my car...but NOT having a piece of shit can attract a not so savory person is all I meant. I could care less about a car. I DO care about myself however.

And as I stated above, it was just a passing thought. No need to get all upset. [smile]

Sooooo.....your story in court might go something like this: "Your Honor, it was 2 AM, and I was on my way to the range, when this badass carjacker walks up to my window, and sticks a knife to my throat. So, Judge, I then exited the vehicle, and retrieved my pistol and ammo from the trunk. I then, with lightning fast precision, loaded said pistol, and fired 3 rounds into my assailant's chest at point blank range......because I was in fear for my life, Sir. What's that your Honor?? The footprint on his chest? I have no idea how that got there Sir.[sad]

ferrari.jpg

Back
Top Bottom