What happened to Healeys law by FAQ?

On Tuesday, NOV 13 the legislation by FAQ was removed from Healey's web page. Where are we supposed to get the details of law that was made up on a whim, and subsequently deleted with now no public record?

On Tuesday, NOV 13 the legislation by FAQ was removed from Healey's web page. Where are we supposed to get the details of law that was made up on a whim, and subsequently deleted with now no public record?

Oh to be an FFL Mass-licensed after 13-Nov'18...

Via decree or legislation - they can stuff it. I might even go out of my way to ignore older laws too.

larson-x.png

Q:
What can I do if I no longer want my gun?
There are frequent state, regional or local buyback programs. Check with your local police department.

You may also surrender any gun, at any time, for any reason to your local police department or to the State Police. See 5.15 CMR § 3.06.
A: we will also take surrendered cash , sports cars and boats, and those unwanted tuna boats , yeah.

Q:
There are frequent state, regional or local buyback programs. Check with your local police department.

You may also surrender any gun, at any time, for any reason to your local police department or to the State Police. See 5.15 CMR § 3.06.
A: we will also take surrendered cash , sports cars and boats, and those unwanted tuna boats , yeah.

Wait, why will they buy back guns but not bump stocks? [horse]

What if I already own a gun that is a copy or duplicate?
If a weapon is a copy or duplicate of one of the models enumerated in the law, it is an Assault Weapon. The Enforcement notice will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer by an individual gun owner of weapons obtained on or before July 20, 2016.

The AGO also will not enforce the law against a gun dealer that possesses or transfers a “copy or duplicate” weapon that was obtained on or before July 20, 2016, provided that transfers, if any, are made to persons or businesses in states where ownership of the weapon is legal.
----------
"Possession" does not mean a FA10. Most people don't FA10 a lower receiver so if you owned one on July 20, 2016 or before you are all set.

May I return a weapon covered by the Enforcement Notice to a manufacturer after July 20, 2016 for repairs or replacement under warranty or pursuant to a recall? And may the manufacturer return it to me thereafter?
Yes. If you purchased the weapon prior to July 20, 2016, you may return the weapon to the manufacturer, who may then return it to you after it is repaired or replaced.
----------
I have a crack in one of my lowers on the trigger guard ears. This allows me to obtain a replacement.

If a weapon is a copy or duplicate of one of the models enumerated in the law, it is an Assault Weapon. The Enforcement notice will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer by an individual gun owner of weapons obtained on or before July 20, 2016.

The AGO also will not enforce the law against a gun dealer that possesses or transfers a “copy or duplicate” weapon that was obtained on or before July 20, 2016, provided that transfers, if any, are made to persons or businesses in states where ownership of the weapon is legal.
----------
"Possession" does not mean a FA10. Most people don't FA10 a lower receiver so if you owned one on July 20, 2016 or before you are all set.

May I return a weapon covered by the Enforcement Notice to a manufacturer after July 20, 2016 for repairs or replacement under warranty or pursuant to a recall? And may the manufacturer return it to me thereafter?
Yes. If you purchased the weapon prior to July 20, 2016, you may return the weapon to the manufacturer, who may then return it to you after it is repaired or replaced.
----------
I have a crack in one of my lowers on the trigger guard ears. This allows me to obtain a replacement.
How gracious of her majesty,
If I were queen I’d have said no, you can only be returned an autumnal mead. Dilly dilly.

I really don't care about reciprocity. But damn if the folks in the various national gun groups could get together and join forces to stop all of this state-wide ban bullspit it would be truly great. I know they are working on it, but it's not a 100% effort.

----------

----------

The Enforcement notice won't be applied to ANY weapons, because that could bring the whole sham to an end.

Can't wait to get this to the Supremes
Right after Ruth shuffles off this mortal coil and is replaced by someone so conservative it would make McCarthy cringe.
It's coming Maura, and you may be the one responsible for taking that one step too far and bring the whole thing crashing down.
Won't you be the popular kid in your class after that ?

YOU DO THAT! YOUR IN DEEP, DEEP DO-DO BUDDY! Unless your an illegal foreigner new to our shores, then, have at it.

I’ve been paying attention, if I get on the radar (actually having verboten stuff doesn’t do it) they will make stuff up. Senator Ted Stevens was railroaded and convicted with prosecutors suborning perjury (all later dismissed with a judge reaming the prosecutors). The Enron trial that was a mess from the start with more prosecutorial misconduct than I can shake a stick at.

Btw: Many of the prosecutors above are still associated with the ‘justice’ department - in Mueller’s office. The government and outgoing administration tried a soft coup-de-tat on a duly elected President : and no one cares.

If they come after me, I’m sure I will have constructed silencers, machine guns, consipired with the Russians and kicked the neighbors dog.

This has gone back years remember the Branch Dividians; accused of having machine guns, dog and pony with the guns on the table - not one of them illegal. Randy Weaver whose family was murdered over an (arguably intentionally inaccurate court form stemming from entrapment by an ATF agent).

I’ve been paying attention, if I get on the radar (actually having verboten stuff doesn’t do it) they will make stuff up. Senator Ted Stevens was railroaded and convicted with prosecutors suborning perjury (all later dismissed with a judge reaming the prosecutors). The Enron trial that was a mess from the start with more prosecutorial misconduct than I can shake a stick at.

Btw: Many of the prosecutors above are still associated with the ‘justice’ department - in Mueller’s office. The government and outgoing administration tried a soft coup-de-tat on a duly elected President : and no one cares.

If they come after me, I’m sure I will have constructed silencers, machine guns, consipired with the Russians and kicked the neighbors dog.

This has gone back years remember the Branch Dividians; accused of having machine guns, dog and pony with the guns on the table - not one of them illegal. Randy Weaver whose family was murdered over an (arguably intentionally inaccurate court form stemming from entrapment by an ATF agent).

You don’t want to mess with the Fed’s.

The point is they can mess with at any time, for any reason; factual or made up.

Forget to mention the FBI helping Whitey for all those years and doing hits for the mob (Zip Connolly).

Q:

Just walk in any Police station with it and yell, "I have a gun." Somebody will be with you directly.

I am not saying we should do this, but it would be really interesting to see how the state dealt with Mass civil disobedience. what would happen if on the anniversary of her "guidance" 10,000 otherwise law abiding gun owners filed papers on an ar lower.... what would they do?

Back
Top Bottom