What Happened To GO-NH ????

Side thought: NH is one of those awesome states where a GOAL etc isn't as urgently needed/required, since 90% of the state has it's head in the right place (unlike the 90% in MA with their heads up these arse)...Don't get me wrong, we (they) still need organizations like that in NH and everywhere, but... If you live in Arizona (like my relatives do), you don't often see an urgent mailing from "GOAL-AZ" (or whatever their equivalent is) asking local residents to turn out to "Stop the Moonbats of ___town who are trying to infringe our 2A rights" (like they do in sh*tholes like MA)....

Side thought: NH is one of those awesome states where a GOAL etc isn't as urgently needed/required, since 90% of the state has it's head in the right place (unlike the 90% in MA with their heads up these arse)

90% ????
I wish it was 90%, but the number keeps dropping due to the political pollution brought in by the moonbats that migrate from South of the border.

[sad2]

What did you expect. The losers who ruined mass. and other states need a new tank to upper deck.

Last edited:
I joined GONH a few years ago. They took my money and gave me a card, then I heard absolutely nothing from them regarding events and things that they were doing, no newsletter, nuthin. I thought maybe they lost my address. Then after a year came the renewal form proving that they did not lose my address after all. So I declined to renew, I expect something in return for my money, at least some updates on what the group is doing.

Instead I joined ProGun NH. Now what is the problem that some people here have with PGNH?

I joined GONH a few years ago. They took my money and gave me a card, then I heard absolutely nothing from them regarding events and things that they were doing, no newsletter, nuthin. I thought maybe they lost my address. Then after a year came the renewal form proving that they did not lose my address after all. So I declined to renew, I expect something in return for my money, at least some updates on what the group is doing.

Instead I joined ProGun NH. Now what is the problem that some people here have with PGNH?
I initially joined because I needed to be with a CMP approved organization to buy my Garand. I renewed it once after that, but I'm not renewing it again.

Update:

I got a call from them about six weeks ago, the gentleman was very nice and apologized for the clerical error and said he'd send me out the membership I paid for.

Still waiting.

Update:

It's now been two years since I sent them a check, and still haven't received my membership.

No, I won't be renewing.

[angry2]
They will fail and wont be able to figure out what happened. Being run by volunteers is no excuse. Lots of small clubs are strictly volunteers and run very well.

I don't know anything about GONH, so my comments are not specifically about that organization.....

....but, it seems to me that well-meaning folks sometime start something without necessarily thinking about what's required and without having a good 'business plan'. It's one thing to start a mailing list, facebook page, or a website. But just like a business, no non-profit or advocacy group is going to be successful without clear articulation of their mission and objective (as well as what they are not), a specific plan for executing towards those objective, a means to measure success, and finally, the long-term attention span necessary to build a viable, on-going concern.

/thread.

The other two groups are useless.

IIRC GO-NH is the official NRA affiliate (they only allow 1 per state), so that is sad if they are functionally discombobulated.

A good friend formed PGNH so we joined as Charter Members. We got occasional Email blasts, but nothing else. Now that he stepped down, we've never heard from them at all about anything.

I don't know much about NHFC, but will study up once I move out of MA.

IIRC GO-NH is the official NRA affiliate (they only allow 1 per state), so that is sad if they are functionally discombobulated.

A good friend formed PGNH so we joined as Charter Members. We got occasional Email blasts, but nothing else. Now that he stepped down, we've never heard from them at all about anything.

I don't know much about NHFC, but will study up once I move out of MA.

NHFC is legit.

Back
Top Bottom