• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What happened to ARMUS and the Marigold Kits?

Hey NES!

This is my first post, so I would like to thank the Admins. here on NES first for registering me. Now let's get to business.

Now I know that I'm pretty late to the ball game but I was looking to build a Glock 19 from scratch. I looked around for 80% Glock frames, but then I came across a-r-m-u-s.com and wanted to buy one of the kits for my new Guarder Glock 19 airsoft frame. The kits are reasonably priced and I saw a separate forum from that of NES where a guy modified a Guarder Glock 17 frame without one of these kits, but I wanted to do it the right way. I saw Boris' video on YouTube and I now know that the Guarder Frames are the best because they use similar materials to Glock's Nylon 6 and you don't have that gap between the slide and the frame that makes it look like crap. So my questions are as follows:

1. Are these kits still even available?

2. If they are, how do I go about ordering one?

3. Once the frame is converted with the kit, does the slide stop actually work, and does it use standard Glock 19 parts?

4. If these aren't available, what happened to them and am I able to find plans to bend my own material at a sheet metal shop?

Thank You,
Noveske

Boris got a day job.

1. Not available, website is pretty clear about it.

2. See #1

3. Yes and yes. Without a slidestop the slide would just ride off the frame. I have not seen a very good guarder conversion yet though. (If you are talking about last round, slide hold open, it works, but the frame either has to be thinned out where it is or it has to be made custom for thicker wall)

4. Boris needs to find time to bend more. Otherwise all the dimensions are in the write-ups, there are no secrets but you need to make dies to make bending work and some dimensions are more important than others.

I don't want to make promises I can't keep, but it's really tough to work a day job and try to come up with batches of these kits. I should be out of work in 1.5 week, so hopefully I can make more if anyone is interested and I can find all the damned jigs again.

Last edited:
Boris, if you do get around to it, is the Snap Dragon the better of the two types kits because it has the last round bolt hold open? Can you also make a trigger guard that's enhanced for like a glove and also gripping the frame a little higher?

As in that Zadornov's saying - "you can do it but you can't"...

Last edited:
I also have saved up a few bucks for kits only to find them no longer available. If you are debating doing more or not doing more; please do more. I'll buy at least two.

I purchased a total of five sets back when Boris was up and running...I think part of the reason Boris stopped making up parts was due to lack of SALES! Sure, EVERYBODY says they want a "kit" but when the time comes to purchase...well, other things come up.
I actually BUILT a G19 from Boris' parts...no polymer, I went all STEEL for the frame and the gun came out FABULOUS! (You can see photos on this site if you do a search on Boris' original posts).
While not particularly "hard" to build, one DOES need an operational knowledge of how Glocks work. Boris provides the ONE dimension that is imperative - the position of the recoil spring shoulder.

I would LOVE to see Global interest in what Boris pioneered...there are FEW options alive today when it comes to building handguns...and no other options for building a Glock pattern.

While there ARE sources of 80% 1911 frames and even FFL transferred 1911 frames...and even aftermarket Glock frames, there is only ONE source for off-the-grid Glock frame parts...ARMUS.
In terms of building complexity...if one knows how to weld (TIG preferred), Boris' Glock frame is pretty darn easy...it's analogous to the difference between building an AR-15 versus AK-47...the AK requires far less precision...and so too does the Glock pattern versus the 1911 pattern...I know, I've build ALL of the guns mentioned above.

I was hoping Boris would produce a G20/21 size parts set for an ALL-STEEL build.

Last I messaged him, he was done with the whole setup. He said he mothballed the setup.

If he bothered to sell/show me his set up i'd buy it from him and make the kits myself and offer them up. If he brought the operation back online, i'd be down for between 3 and 6 kits (i'll pay for 6 kits right now), depending on the size (i'm really only looking for the G19 & G26 sizes)

Back
Top Bottom