• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What Happened To All The Lil'Gun Data ???

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
I was searching online for some handgun recipes for Hodgdon Lil'Gun powder, but they've all seemed to disappear ???
I keep a notebook of load data that I have used, and my own notes show several loadings of Lil'Gun in .44 Mag, .357 Mag and .357 Max.
All my own data came from reputable sources, such as Hodgdons own website, but a recent search of Hodgdons load data page isn't showing any of the Lil'Gun loads anymore. ????

WTF ???
Headscratch.gif

Seem to be there now.

I just looked again, now I see Lil'Gun data for .44 Mag pistol, but I was looking for rifle load data, which shows none.
Still no Lil'Gun data at all for the .357 MAX, and I know for sure that it was there in the Spring when I last loaded for this caliber.

they show that you can choose rifle or pistol.

http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp

Yes, I know that, what I'm saying is there used to be a lot more loads listed for Lil'Gun powder, but much of the data has been deleted.
There are no longer any loads showing for .44 Mag rifle, only a few for .44 Mag pistol, and I know there were more.
Same for .357 MAX rifle, nothing at all, and only three loads for .357 Mag pistol.
And of those three loads for .357 Mag pistol, two are of bullet weights you rarely ever see, 170 & 180 grain jacketed.
I know there was data listed previously for 125 grain bullets, and there were more for 158 grainers, now there's only one load listed for the 158's.
So what happened ???
Were there problems ???
Did Hodgdon reevaluate their data and decide against further publication of these loads ???

Back
Top Bottom