• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What happened at McElhiney's this afternoon?

I was driving through Waltham this afternoon and just before I got to the Moody Street/Rt. 20 intersection, a police motorcycle came flying down the wrong side of the street towards me with lights flashing. The officer jumped off and went into McElhiney's. When I drove back by about 15 minutes later, there was also an ambulance on scene but no other LEOs.

Anyone hear what happened?

I need to get my HAM license and a radio so I can become a true whacker.
Sorry. I don't know but it would be interesting to.

I've known Ed for a long time and he's been having some health issues the last few years. It's believed that he suffers from Parkinsons. I've noticed that his shop has been closed quite a bit lately during what would be normal operating hours.

I need to get my HAM license and a radio so I can become a true whacker.
Sorry. I don't know but it would be interesting to.

It's pretty easy to get your Ham ticket these days. They've dumbed down the test quite a bit from when I took it. You don't even need to learn Morse Code anymore. Check out arrl.org for online study material and you can even take a practice test. When you're ready to take the test for real we can tell you where to go. BTW, NES Member BigBird is an Extra Class and a VE who administers the tests.

I've known Ed for a long time and he's been having some health issues the last few years. It's believed that he suffers from Parkinsons. I've noticed that his shop has been closed quite a bit lately during what would be normal operating hours.

It's pretty easy to get your Ham ticket these days. They've dumbed down the test quite a bit from when I took it. You don't even need to learn Morse Code anymore. Check out arrl.org for online study material and you can even take a practice test. When you're ready to take the test for real we can tell you where to go. BTW, NES Member BigBird is an Extra Class and a VE who administers the tests.

Thanks for the tip. I need to find some time to do this.

I used to visit his store from time to time and noticed he wasnt in perfect shape. He once scattered ammo all over the floor and wasnt able to pick it up. I hope he's going to be fine.

I am coded Extra. I used to be a VE. I do not give tests at this time.

Bill

I bought a gun from Eldon early this year and he was moving very slowly and seemed to have all he could to to sign his name on the forms (definitely lookd like parkinsons). I hope he is ok.

Yeah, I was in there a few weeks ago and noticed that he was having all sorts of muscle tremors... Despite what may have happened in the past, I do hope he's OK...

Neither Eldon or his Wife Mary are in real good health. Both have had serious medical issues in recent years.

I also wish them both well.

I hope he's OK. His wife was taking a more active role helping him out the last time I saw him. The only man I know of willing to sell Pardini in this back ass state.

I get my hair cut right next door and my barber had about as much info as we have here on this post. Would defenitley like to know if he is ok.

Waltham's police blotter web page doesn't update until the end of the month so that's no help either.

That is great news, I'm working in the area the end of the week and will stop in. I always buy something. A real nice guy, that supports our sport.

Back
Top Bottom