What hand guns can be bought with a LTC-B

Off the top of my head, revolvers, 1911s, SIGs, most 22LR pistols (I was surprised to see the S&W Model 41 on the high cap roster)...

What towns issue LTC-Bs??? I've never met someone who has one.

If you haven't already applied for (or already have) a license, get a Class A. Even with restrictions it's better than a Class B.

Updated roster: http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/firearms/approved-weapons-roster-2-2012.pdf

With Class B you're restricted to models that cannot accept magazines that are capable of holding more than 10 rounds. That rules out a lot of semis. GOAL has this handy chart with more information about storage/transport/etc that you might find helpful: http://www.goal.org/Documents/law_faq_pdfs/howdoi.pdf

If you haven't already applied for (or already have) a license, get a Class A. Even with restrictions it's better than a Class B.

More importantly, many gun shop owners freak out if you show them a LTC B, and have a very strict interpretation of the laws.

I have a restricted LTC- class Z. I have been told that I can carry an un-sharpened pencil as long as it was made pre 1998 and does not contain actual lead only graphite. Also low capacity staplers (cub size) are acceptable however they may only be carried in a locked case with the staples stored in a seperate container.

I have a restricted LTC- class Z. I have been told that I can carry an un-sharpened pencil as long as it was made pre 1998 and does not contain actual lead only graphite. Also low capacity staplers (cub size) are acceptable however they may only be carried in a locked case with the staples stored in a seperate container.

[rofl][laugh2]

That stapler better not carry more than 10!

Last edited:
Get yourself a Glock 37, 38, or 39.

It uses the GAP .45 round.

That is the Glock version of the .45.

Those guns hold a MAX of 10 rounds- no more.

Much better to have a LTC-B and a Glock than a LTC-A with restrictions.

In the event that you find one for sale in Mass, you'd be in 7th Heaven.

Get yourself a Glock 37, 38, or 39.

It uses the GAP .45 round.

That is the Glock version of the .45.

Those guns hold a MAX of 10 rounds- no more.

In the event that you find one for sale in Mass, you'd be in 7th Heaven.
Which is great... except it's chambered in .45 GAP. Not exactly a desireable cartridge.

Better to look at the aforementioned options (1911, revolver, SIGs) or, if a Glock is desired, a G36 would be a solid gun

I fail to understand this.

Which is great... except it's chambered in .45 GAP. Not exactly a desireable cartridge.

Better to look at the aforementioned options (1911, revolver, SIGs) or, if a Glock is desired, a G36 would be a solid gun

This makes perfect sense.

I forgot about the Glock 36. That would be easier and more practical than a GAP. Just carry extra mags..

what is your reasoning? The B doesnt allow any concealed carry and restricts you to low cap guns....,,..far worse than a restricted A, on which you can still have high cap guns.

what is your reasoning? The B doesnt allow any concealed carry and restricts you to low cap guns....,,..far worse than a restricted A, on which you can still have high cap guns.

Not to mention that some MA dealers are under the impression that ALL semi-autos that take a removable mag "can be hi-cap" and will refuse to sell him almost every semi-auto out there.

I was not aware of that. Thanks for the correction.

Disregard all my posts on this thread because I did not realize that a Class B does not allow concealed carry.

I was not aware of that. Thanks for the correction.

Disregard all my posts on this thread because I did not realize that a Class B does not allow concealed carry.

It also doesn't allow loaded carry (concealed or otherwise) in a motor vehicle, either, to top it off.

-Mike

Chris, the early ones were 11 rd mags. New ones are 12 rd mags.

What is the story with these mags? I assumed since they had the lazy & they were old and you can see that they are stamped 12.

S%26W41mags.jpg

Back
Top Bottom