• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What gun to buy

If you're going to carry IWB, forget all the micro and compact 1911s. Get a full size M1911. You have then the highest probability of getting one that runs right 100% of the time.

Since the barrel is inside your pants, its length is really irrelevant from a concealment point of view. A 5" M1911 has the same barrel length as a 4" revolver (due to the difference in barrel measurement between wheelguns and semis) and I carry a 4" revolver IWB all thetime. It never gets in the way when sitting down or driving.

Or you can get an mid size M&P45 and call it a deal.

I have a Colt Officers ACP that has served me well, and has fed everything I put in it including down loaded wad cutters.

I'll chime in to another .45 thread and recommend the Ruger P345 again.

For the price, reliability, accuracy, conceal-ability, and MA compliant, it's hard to beat and worth a look.

Last edited:
Sorta. Kind of ironic that his handle indicating he owns people owned you for questioning its meaning, isn't it? [wink]

I still would like to know what the OP has been owning people in,or schooling them in since his birth.[wink]

It's as if someone who has been owning people since he was born,came here to be schooled..Now that's irony.

My name should be learningfrompeoplesincebirth.

Last edited:
Seriously, I am the smartest person in the world and whatever I own, is the best thing in the world and you really aren't very smart unless you buy exactly what I tell you. Seriously. Don't be fooled by the ones who don't know what they are talking about. Believe me only. I'm not like the others. Only buy what I tell you.

I mean, I can't be wrong, because I bought it.

Last edited:
wow, this is the most questioning I have ever gotten on my handle...

C'mon now,you brought it upon yourself.You come in here with a name like that,and ask to be schooled.

This isn't a Counter Strike forum.[smile]

Seriously,you will have to go to a range and try a bunch out for yourself.What works for someone else,might not work for you.Holsters also make a big difference in concealmentability.

Hope it does not offend anyone.. I am here to make new acquaintances and learn more about guns and gun laws...

No offending intended. I'm making fun of the people who would like to convince you that theirs is the only opinion you should ever consider. You are smart to ask for opinions. You are even smarter to take those opinions and try them out firsthand and make your own decisions.

Lots of great advice here, but there is a lot of "I own it so it must be the best" as well.

Good luck and have fun

PS Please don't all rush in for negative anonymous feedback, it might jam the site

Back
Top Bottom