• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What Generation is your Glock?

I've got a couple of Boomers. No Greatest Generations. Some Gen-whatevers (43, 48 or something.)

The point is they don't really change. Point, click, dead. Period. Same angle. Same platform. Same everything.

Funny how the Gen5 is circling back to Gen1. No finger grooves (that everyone HAD to have in 2000 and told Glock they wuz stoopit for not having them). Single pin. For the shooter, it's effectively a Gen1 with a bit more aggressive texture, an accessory rail and some aftermarket parts. (Ambi slide release???? Seriously?????).

All of the "issues" people have had with Glock recoil springs over the years - I've just never seen it. Factory, SSGR's, single vs double springed. I think to some extent, people go looking for problems to solve. Double-spring was vital to the subcompact, IIRC but never really necessary on compact/full. . . . until 2010. Somehow we survived 30 years of Glock production without double-springing. Now it's all double-springs.

Goodness, how do you tell them apart?

I’ve got one and that’s more than enough.
Gen 3 G19. The white tennis shoe of the gun world. It’s ugly, I don’t particularly like it, but it just works and I shoot it well.

The white tennis shoe? More like one of the top 10 carry guns, a literal gold standard.

The longer you shoot the more you appreciate simple shit.

I was one of those retards that had to have a hammer fired gun, blah blah blah, all the usual excuses. Then I got a 2nd gen G19 and that was the
end of that. (I wish I still had that gun, but thats another story). I still have other guns but they don't fit the EDC role as well as a glock does.

I've got a couple of Boomers. No Greatest Generations. Some Gen-whatevers (43, 48 or something.)

The point is they don't really change. Point, click, dead. Period. Same angle. Same platform. Same everything.

Funny how the Gen5 is circling back to Gen1. No finger grooves (that everyone HAD to have in 2000 and told Glock they wuz stoopit for not having them). ...

I believe Glock only added the finger grooves to get "export points" in the American market, because finger grooves made it more of a "target" gun or something.

Single pin. For the shooter, it's effectively a Gen1 with a bit more aggressive texture, an accessory rail and some aftermarket parts. (Ambi slide release???? Seriously?????).

Lol the ambi slide release is not "aftermarket" and they actually changed the entire design of the lever to make it less complicated.

All of the "issues" people have had with Glock recoil springs over the years - I've just never seen it. Factory, SSGR's, single vs double springed. I think to some extent, people go looking for problems to solve. Double-spring was vital to the subcompact, IIRC but never really necessary on compact/full. . . . until 2010. Somehow we survived 30 years of Glock production without double-springing. Now it's all double-springs.

The double spring lasts a lot longer than the single spring does in lifespan, you can cheat more in terms of replacing it. It changes the recoil impulse,
too, although it's not dramatically different. Let me put it this way, I stock recoil springs for my 3s because they wear out that much faster than
the 4s/5s do. On a Gen 3 even a johnny one box type will eventually wear the spring out over several years.

4 x gen3, 7 x gen 4, 4 x gen 5... and im probably missing something.

Not "rookie numbers".

And makes my "collection" look pitiful.
I just got rid of a Gen 3 G34 and a LoneWolf framed Gen 3 G17 last week.

Which leaves me with:
(2) Gen 4 G34s
(2) Gen 4 G17s plus (2) slides
(1) Gen 4 G31
(2) Gen 4 G43s
(1) Gen 5 G43X
(1) Gen 5 G48
A sort of Gen3 Poly80 with a .22 upper and a partridge in a pear tree.

Rookie numbers in here for sure lol

Not gonna list my collection off for Maura but I'm partial to the Gen 2/2.5 pistols without finger grooves, and I pretty much stick to gen 2/3 for parts compatibility. I don't really care for the single stack Glocks and have no real need for any of the gen 4/5 offerings because I have duplicates of gen 2/2.5/3 pistols.

Back
Top Bottom