• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What firearm related APP do you have on your phone ?

Before I switched over from my iPhone to an android this past year, I had Legal Heat (regularly updated CCW info for all 50 states) and a free shot timer app which I can't even find on the App Store now.

I took a course with Rob Pincus when we lived in MA and he dissed the hell out of any phone-based shot timer. But I found it to work pretty well, about 85% of the time, which is pretty good for free.

I haven't loaded anything yet on my android; haven't been shooting much lately with house construction getting in the way.

a6db275ae15c77957470a67c15d9c041.jpg

Also, Pocket Ranger NH.

Few ballistic apps...... looking for a good 22lr app .... can't seem to get decent data with 22lr
Streloc , Winchester which I can't get to work and spot on?
Also have chair gun pro for the pellet gun....works very well once you have your actual velocity.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Oh forgot I have Hawke BDC app. Works very well and they have all their reticles and gives very accurate data for the hold over points.
Ex their mil dot scopes are usually calibrated at 10x you can simply change the mag X of the reticle you have (map 6 and 8 for me) and it will give you the subtension of the dots at X mag.

My buddy just told me about an app called CCW GUARDIAN.
He explained it to me very briefly but it sounds cool.
You can store all you data in the app, like pictures of targets and assigns them to each gun, keep up with round count and shit,
Put in LTC info and what not..
If anybody checks it out before I do, let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can store all you data in the app, like pictures of targets and assigns them to each gun, keep up with round count and shit,

Sounds like something DHS would develop.

I gave it a try, didn't work on my phone, Samsung Galaxy S6 - Verizon

Just "ccw" for a quick easy check of different states for travel, and "mygundb" to keep track of my toys (Already had the desktop paid version)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My phone's got a squiggley cord and is attached to the kitchen wall. I looked all over for an "app" on it, but could find none. (I did find New England Telephone and NYNEX stickers under it, on the wall jack, though).

Try the Ma-Bell or Bell Atlantic APP for those phones :D

Just "ccw" for a quick easy check of different states for travel, and "mygundb" to keep track of my toys (Already had the desktop paid version)

Is MyGunDB the APP developed by a NES member from New Hampshire ?
or am I mistaken ?

Try the Ma-Bell or Bell Atlantic APP for those phones :D

Is MyGunDB the APP developed by a NES member from New Hampshire ?
or am I mistaken ?

Yes it is. The computer version is great (and it is a legal digital bound book for c&r ffls) and the app version is handy, though I've always had issues syncing them.

Back
Top Bottom