• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What firearm are you most efficient with?

Beretta 92fs.... It's like shooting a cap gun... So smooth! Might need to get some early range time in tomorrow! I'm feeling inspired by everybody's stories!

As most here know a pistol gets you to your rifle....[wink]

that was the reason for practicing the Glock 20 at torso targets at 100 yards. Don't have to be a perfect shot, just close enough to keep their head down till you get back to your rifle.

That's about what I can do with my Mosin. I hear folks talk about 2-3 inch groups at that distance and that seems incredible to me.

Sent from my handheld electronic thingamabob.

It takes me a few shots to figure out where to place the sights. But i did bend my front sight which has helped a lot. I still shoot very high which can make it kinda hard.

I have a .22 with a scope that i group much better with, but a scope is like cheating IMO.

I'm most proficient with my Sig P226 in 9mm. Best shot with it was hitting an 8" steel plate at about 65 yards, at a USPSA match in Bass River, on the 2nd try, as I was leaving the start box. [laugh]

Last edited:
It takes me a few shots to figure out where to place the sights. But i did bend my front sight which has helped a lot. I still shoot very high which can make it kinda hard.

Can you file the top of the rear sight to bring the rear up and the point of impact down?

I got one of the first when the Army was stealing the 1911's back. After the first shot it fell apart.

Mine's an old CT State Police duty gun. Considering the beating police duty guns take in both the elements and number of rounds, and the fact it's 23 years old, it's incredible how much of tack driver the thing is. Your mileage varied, apparently.

For pistol I have a Beretta 92fs i bought in 1999 that I can do just about anything I want with. I haven't tried it over 50 yards but anything closer than that and I am confident I can put a hole wherever I want. I love that gun.

For rifle it would have to be a Garand, but it is my uncle's and not mine. His Garand is unlike any rifle I have ever fired when it comes to accuracy and I've shot plenty of accurate rifles, but his Garand takes the cake.

~SW

They have one at my club its awesome but douchebags shoot at it with .44 magnums and put holes in it so it has taken a good beating [rofl]How do you shoot clovers from 25 yards? What does it look like?

Well it's funny, but whenever I try to make 1 ragged hole I end up losing focus somehow and the rounds don't touch. If you keep your grip and your stance perfectly consistent your sights should settle to exactly the same spot every time after you pull the trigger. I just think of moving, not really moving, but I think about moving to the left or right or higher or lower. Kind of like when you're on a bike and you want to make a fine adjustment, you just think about where you want to go. The targets end up looking like my avatar. Sometime's I have bad shooting days, too hungry or tired I think usually throws me off. The trick is to start doing it up close and slowly move the target away. If you can do it at 5 yards you can do it at 25. Just don't let the distance psyche you out.

Its a toss up between my Gen 3 Glock 34 and my Les Baer 1911. I shot the Glock for ~10 yrs in IDPA, so its like an extension of my body.

But for the last couple of years I've shot only the Baer. While its not yet as instinctive as the G34, I'm getting there. The 1911 is so much more inherently accurate though. I'm finally at the point where putting the safety back ON when I come off target is instinctive.

Don

Sort of an out yourself thread.

I am so efficient with my rifles that I build and fabricate all of them.

It is my ultimate, and mind you- correct opinion that if you can't fabricate and successfully build the firearm that you supposedly are "master" of, then you are merely a fool.

A Man understands the physics behind the forces in which he wields. So if you can't build what you supposedly are all masterful of, then you should just keep to throwing rocks like the neanderthal that you are.

This is pure fact.

It is my ultimate, and mind you- correct opinion that if you can't fabricate and successfully build the firearm that you supposedly are "master" of, then you are merely a fool.

A Man understands the physics behind the forces in which he wields. So if you can't build what you supposedly are all masterful of, then you should just keep to throwing rocks like the neanderthal that you are.

This is pure fact.

Meh.

It's my correct opinion that if you can't dig up the ore, refine your own metals and combine them into the correct alloys to then forge your own parts then you are merely a fool.

A real man starts from scratch.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go refine some oil into polymer, compress it into plastic pellets and then feed the pellets into my heated molds.

I need a new forend for my next AR build.

Last edited:
M-249 Squad Automatic Weapon.
During a live fire lane, while supporting a flanking maneuver on a bunker complex, my M-249 jammed. A link fell into the receiver and wedged itself on the spring and rod assembly. I knew the gun so well I knew what happened by the feel of it, disassembled the weapon, removed the bent link, and had the gun firing again in just under 40 seconds. My BTN Commander was watching while it happened and gave me a coin.

That... and clearing a room with 200 rounds of 5.56 because we weren't allowed to have grenades. (Now that is efficiency.) I miss my SAW.
This is what I was going to put. I would zero my SAW and then test my zero by firing single shot(not easy to do with an open bolt belt-fed) at .50 cal cases at 50 meters with a 3x machine gun "scope". Just got a chance to go out and really fire my Colt 1911 NM, and hit 5/6 steel plates with 8 shots at 25 yards(I think. The steel plates at Harvard Sportsman's Club are set at 25 yards, right?). Not too shabby for having only put about 200 rounds through it, and having the rear sight come loose and FALL OFF twice. Still need to remember to pick up some loctite for the range bag.

Meh.

It's my correct opinion that if you can't dig up the ore, refine your own metals and combine them into the correct alloys to then forge your own parts then you are merely a fool.

A real man starts from scratch.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go refine some oil into polymer, compress it into plastic pellets and then feed the pellets into my heated molds.

I need a new forend for my next AR build.
Bah. A real man compresses the raw minerals into ore from the depths of space and then harvests the ore to refine into the metals to forge into parts to make the weapons you are a supposed "master" of.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I hear there is a new star emerging in the NG748-25 system that needs to have it's heavy elements harvested. [rofl]

I can get a 6 inch group at 50 yards with my glock27 using the flush mag. Its my favorite gun I own. I had a g26 and wanted a gen4. I got the 27 on a whim and never looked back. I shoot it better than I did the 9.

Last edited:

This is pure fact.

Bwahahahah!!![laugh] Dude, I am not sure if you were serious, but if you were, you might be taking yourself a wee bit too seriously.

I'm going to have to say my 10/22... simple economics. I can afford to shoot it the most. And I can use it at the Indoor range (which is open 24/7) unlike any of my other rifles.

Back
Top Bottom