• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What firearm are you most efficient with?

My AR with the Tactical Solutions .22 Upper. Earned my rifleman patch with it on a day where my shoulders were a complete wreck and could hardly hold the rifle up for the standing section. I managed one AQT that day and it was enough.

On any day, out to 100 yards (only because I have never had the chance to shoot it further) I can pretty much hit whatever I can see. The rifle just fits me and the scope is wonderfully consistent as I dial it from one range to another. I keep a notebook with every different range I've shot and what kind of adjustment was needed for the distance and wind. Now, I have enough data that I can usually dial in for that first shot.

I just hope that the next case of ammo will be similar to this one in performance. (CCI standard velocity)

My struggle right now is to get consistent with my .22 air rifle. The goal is to be able to reliably clean the Appleseed Red Coat target at 25 Meters (roughly 83 ft). I'm close, getting about 50% of the attempts or better. Spring air guns are difficult to be consistent due to the unique recoil. Have to learn a whole new way to hold the gun to work with the spring and not against it.

I've always been more impressed by the person who can perform on demand than the one that had a good day.

Sent from the bottom of my bowl of Cheerios.

As for efficiency, it's my Rem 870 Marine Magnum w/ Holo. It was good enough last weekend to score 2nd in
the Sharpshooter's group at the State Level "practical shotgun" match of the Military & Police Shooters Federation
(48 slugs in 6 stages). Experts beware at the Nationals in September[devil2]
As for precision it's my pimped Ruger 10/22 with only the action still being Ruger and the rest being Fajen,
Volquartsen and Lothar Walther. This thing will hit a Mosquito's nuts @ 50 meters with the right ammo.

Back
Top Bottom