• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What does your wife carry?

a grudge

so watch your back

remember what Sara Pailin said about the pit bull ............... she was wrong

the one difference between my wife and a pit bull ........................

eventually, the pit bull will let go

Guys - just my 2cents worth - women should never carry in a pocketbook. That's the first thing a mugger or attacker will go for and snatch. Ponytails are a no no too. Someone coming up behind you fast can grab your hair and throw you to the ground quickly. And pocketbooks shouldn't hang off of your shoulder to the back. Same thing can happen. Keep them in front of you.

I've won several of those cute pocketbooks with concealed compartments for guns. They are at the back of my closet. I cross carry my Glock 27 in an inside the pants holster. Or in an ankle holster. Or in a fanny pack made specifically for that. When I bought my .38 airlite, they had a fanny pack made specifically for that gun. Or in the pocket of my jacket. Anyplace but a pocketbook. They even make underwear that has a pocket for guns. Who'da thunk????[smile]

Donna

+1, at least will be soon. Need to pick up the application for her.

She's not against it, just doesn't want to spend the time on a class... I'll need to become a certified instructor and give her the class over a period of weeks (in 20 minute increments) for her to take the time for it!

my balls in her purse! Sometimes she lets me have them back for special occasions.

Actually she carries a Taser

If I get my permit to carry, I'll carry my 9x18 Makarov. This pistol is very reliable, and also is reasonable powerful and accurate. It has a low recoil and, because of its small size, fits women's hands well.

MY gf usually has my kel-tec P-11, fits her hands well although I would prefer a Kahr arms cw9 series..the price difference makes it not really worth it for her

My wife just got her LTC-A, i bought her a S&W M&P 9c (the 9mm compact). I find the 9mm to be a time-tested effective round with relatively low recoil. the gun is small, but with the magazine grip extenders it is real comfortable. Learning to clear the automatic has taken some time, but she doesnt have the ability to really pull through a double action revolver. I dont know what we are going to use to carry; they make those purses with integrated holsters; but she's a size 0 and NOBODY i can find carries a bellyband at that size. Since she works as a nurse, her scrub pants she often wears wont hold an in-the-pants; so we're working on a solution... if anyone has any that would be good :)
Try a SmartCarry - that should conceal under the scrubs pretty effectively.

If I could successfully carry a 1911, I would but Im just not big enough.

S+W 1911 w/adjustable sites or the Glock 23.
Allright, now just wait a minute... I've met both ladies in question, and with the exception of Ann maybe being a inch or two taller, BOTH of you are built similarly - very slim, that is. In fact, I think that Ann is even slimmer than Kim. Seems to me that the two of you need to get together so Ann can teach Kim how to conceal that 1911!

Allright, now just wait a minute... I've met both ladies in question, and with the exception of Ann maybe being a inch or two taller, BOTH of you are built similarly - very slim, that is. In fact, I think that Ann is even slimmer than Kim. Seems to me that the two of you need to get together so Ann can teach Kim how to conceal that 1911!
Ann uses a Coronado Leather purse with the chamber in the middle of it or a fanny pack NOT designed for gun carry. Both of these do have drawbacks but allow her to carry when she would otherwise wouldn't be able to plus give her the concealment she needs. It works for her.[wink]

I don't have a wife, but I am someones wife.

I carry a variety of revolvers and semi-autos, to suit my needs for a particular situation. Picking one gun for me would be like picking one pair of shoes to wear every day. It's more fun to have a variety. [grin]

Good luck helping your wife find guns that she'll like!

I feel for all the women posting here that are lacking wives but who still want to contribute to this thread. I have a solution for you: Move to Northampton. We can fix that thread requirement practically overnight. :)

Back
Top Bottom