• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What does your wife carry?

S&W 637 j frame, she likes how it fits in her Pocket book. She only shoots 38 no plus P's whick is better than nothing.

S&W 637 j frame, she likes how it fits in her Pocket book. She only shoots 38 no plus P's which is better than nothing.

A giant handbag, seriously its ridiculous. She could hold a puppy and a Serbu Super Shorty in it sans bulges. Its like giant leather gym bag. My concern isn't thieves or muggers but the damage shes got to be doing to her shoulder lugging this fashion trunk around on a daily basis.
Ask her for something and shes digging in the thing for 20 minutes trying to find it. For Christmas this year I'm getting her a flashlight so she can find stuff inside it. Or one of those clapper systems, because we can hold up a line at any establishment anywhere on the planet while she fishes for the mountain of change in the bottom of the bag that shes shoulder deep in looking for nickle.
The bag rides shotgun in the car, not just because of the convenience but because at this point its holding makeup, identification, a telephone, money, hygienic products, a radio, an iron, some beverages and so forth. Its practically a social construct, a pseudo person, deserving of that seat. I think she even straps it in.

If I could successfully carry a 1911, I would but Im just not big enough.

As far as what your wife should carry, she just needs to find something comfy that fits her frame and of course something she can handle shooting.

Beretta Tomcat .32 She can shoot it well and It hides pretty good. Its also better than a sharp pointy sitck!

Glock 19 and a spear mag. And she is dead on with it, so needless to say, I don't complain if she were to overcook the Meatloaf...

A giant handbag, seriously its ridiculous. She could hold a puppy and a Serbu Super Shorty in it sans bulges. Its like giant leather gym bag. My concern isn't thieves or muggers but the damage shes got to be doing to her shoulder lugging this fashion trunk around on a daily basis.
Ask her for something and shes digging in the thing for 20 minutes trying to find it. For Christmas this year I'm getting her a flashlight so she can find stuff inside it. Or one of those clapper systems, because we can hold up a line at any establishment anywhere on the planet while she fishes for the mountain of change in the bottom of the bag that shes shoulder deep in looking for nickle.
The bag rides shotgun in the car, not just because of the convenience but because at this point its holding makeup, identification, a telephone, money, hygienic products, a radio, an iron, some beverages and so forth. Its practically a social construct, a pseudo person, deserving of that seat. I think she even straps it in.

This is one for the memory book -- funniest post I've read in a very long time. [smile][smile][smile]

As far as what your wife should carry, she just needs to find something comfy that fits her frame and of course something she can handle shooting.

All too true.

I carry a S&W 642 revolver the majority of the time. Some times I switch it out to my G23 in the cooler weather when I've more clothing to conceal it.

My wife just got her LTC-A, i bought her a S&W M&P 9c (the 9mm compact). I find the 9mm to be a time-tested effective round with relatively low recoil. the gun is small, but with the magazine grip extenders it is real comfortable. Learning to clear the automatic has taken some time, but she doesnt have the ability to really pull through a double action revolver. I dont know what we are going to use to carry; they make those purses with integrated holsters; but she's a size 0 and NOBODY i can find carries a bellyband at that size. Since she works as a nurse, her scrub pants she often wears wont hold an in-the-pants; so we're working on a solution... if anyone has any that would be good :)

Back
Top Bottom